Chapter 1: The Breakup

"Ashley! Get down here! We are going to be late for school!" yelled Mark from downstairs. 

"Ugh oh my god Mark! You don't get what it's like to be a girl. We take longer than you to get ready." I yelled back. 

"I don't care. Jacob texted you by the way." I picked up my phone and saw the messages from my boyfriend, Jacob Sartorius. We've been dating for 4 months now and everything is going great. I don't want another relationship to end because I've already dated most of Mark's friends. 

First there was Hunter, then there was Weston, and then Bryce. Mark hates it when I date his friends because it always ends in a fight. I read one of the texts from Jacob saying, 

"We need to talk. Meet me by the fountain at 8:30." I thought that that was strange because we don't really have serious talks and he sounded serious. 

"It could be nothing" I said out loud. 

"Are you talking to yourself again?" Mark yelled. 

"Shut up Mark. Now hurry up we need to go to school."

*At School*

It was 8:10 and I was early to meet Jacob so I decided to just go to the fountain and wait. I walked up and saw Jacob's back, but then I saw him making out with Genna Curth. 

"Jacob?!" I said. He turned around. 

"Oh my god, Ashley! I'm so sorry!" It seemed like he was surprised to see me. 

"How dare you?" I ran away crying and ignoring his pleads for me to come back. As I was running in the halls keeping my head down I ran into one of Mark's friends, Blake Gray. 

"Hey, Ashley, what's wrong?" He looked straight into my eyes and I could see that he truly cared. I hugged him and cried into his chest. "Come here." he said. 

We sat down on a bench and he waited for me to calm down so I could tell him what happened. 

"Sorry." I said in between cries. 

"What happened?" he asked. 

"I was walking to meet Jacob and he was making out with Genna Curth." I explained. 

"Hey, hey. Everything going to be okay. I'll be right back. You stay here" He got up and left and I sat there for 5 minutes and he still wasn't back. I got up and went over to my locker only to see Blake pinning Jacob up against the lockers. 

"Jacob, are you stupid? Why would you ever cheat on someone has amazing as Ashley? You must not have a brain or something. Don't you ever treat her like that again." 

"Blake, get off of me!" Jacob pushed Blake into the lockers across the hall and Blake punched Jacob in the face. Everyone formed a circle around them. I jumped in front of Blake and scream at them. 

"Jacob! Blake! Stop! Fighting won't solve anything!" 

"Yeah, but I get the pleasure of punching your new boyfriend in the face" Jacob  smiled at Blake trying to annoy Blake. 

"Jacob, you're the one who cheated on me! Just stop! You've caused so much trouble already. We're done." I walked away from the fight and Blake ran after me. 

"Hey, I'm sorry I fought him. I just got so mad." 

"Blake, listen, I like you." 

"I like you too." he interrupted me. 

"Let me finish, you're so sweet, and kind, but i just got out of a relationship and you're one of Mark's friends. I can't risk our friendship. I'm sorry" I walked away and went home.