Chapter One

"Because whenever you go somewhere, we accidentally uncover some henuious scheme! Why can't Amy and Rory just come with us? It's not like they haven't before!".

Kalia was in massive disagreement with the Doctor's new plan. Personally, she'd appreciate River's help, but the curly-haired Pond had been positively ignoring both Kay and the Doctor for the last hour; She seemed determined to stay out of this conversation. River didn't care who won this particular conversation, she just wanted to see her parents. It had only been a week for her since she'd encountered the Angels down in Manhattan.

"Yes but we've never gone to stay with them. Besides, we owe it to them after last time anyway." the Doctor said dismissively, fiddling with the TARDIS controls.

The three of them looked positively amiss. They had just come from a particularly nasty encounter with NamFaries, a type of insect that targets beings with two hearts and burrows inside them, eating the two hearts during a slow period of four weeks. Kay and the Doctor had to send River into the city while the two of them were forced to follow in the TARDIS. Until the good old blue box decided to crash in the heart of the infestation. Long story short, they all felt that it was about time for a normal visit to the Ponds. Only they had different idea's on who should visit who.

Kay flipped a few switches on her side of the panel to get her flying, intent on winning the conversation.

"We could take them to the Crystal Reefs. They'd love that, imagine their faces." Kay continued," Or the Raxford Planet-Wide Hotel. We have a subscription. Or mabye the Library, they love books.".

At the mention of the World's biggest Library, the Doctor glanced at at Kay, his eyes flitting to River for a split second. Realizing what she had just suggested, Kaila shut her mouth and attempted to drift her attention.

Kay remembered the Library, of course. There wasn't really any way she could forget.

"Are you River Song then?" Kay asked quietly. The Doctor was over with Donna, who was marveling over the Library. River looked at the girl with a look of curiosity dancing across her eyes.

"I thought the Doctor said he'd no idea who I am?" River said, her voice just a tad too high. She was distressed, it was clear to see.

"I've seen you before. During the invisible year." Kay said matter-of-factly. She was referencing the year that the Master had taken over earth. The year that Martha went rouge. Kay remembered only a few things from that year, most of the memories weren't pleasant. There was one image she could picture vividly. It wasn't the way the Doctor had shriveled up, or seeing Jack die a thousand times. Instead, of horrors, there was a face. A tiny face on a static screen, every day without fail at the same time. The screen would flash in Morse code.

Not that Kay knew Morse code, but a year stuck on a ship had given her plenty of time to figure it out.

R-I-V-E-R S-O-N-G

River raised her eyebrows, her mouth opening for a split second, then drifting shut again.

"How do you know us? Are you friends with the Doctor?" Kay asked softly. The corner of River's mouth twitched upwards.

"I suppose friend is a word for it, yes."

Kay's face twisted in confusion. Her eyes wandered River's face, who had brought her hand up to swipe a strand of dirty blond hair from her face.

Kalia's face brightened, her eye's going wide with shock. With a glance at the girls half-formed smile, River put a finger to her lips.

Not even two hours later, River slipped small object into Kay's pocket as the counter descended towards zero.

Kay fidgeted, giving up on the argument entirely.

"Alright then. Let's go see Amy and Rory." she said, turning away from the console.

Kalia ran her fingers over her pocket, from which the barely distinguishable shape of a gold wedding ring bulged out.

_________________________________________

First of all, before I write anything else, you all need to be aware that without Chickadee221 's help in creating the main conflict of the plot, this wouldn't have been written. I have good taste in friends, and she's one of them. Seriously like she's getting credited for like half the plot because this never would've been written without her.

I'd also like to credit my new Beta Sarah, who very kindly has been reviewing my chapters and offering feedback and editing advice. Thanks!

But Gandolf doesn't know the ending because I'm not telling her! She'll have to read it for herself! Sorry! XD

Lt. Snapple, signing out!