[1]

This was a request. It's named Velvet Horns b/c ..well, if you look up hermaphrodites in deers, youll find velvet horns.

:)

*

Chresanto August kept his eyes on the floor as he walked to his locker, books nestled in his arms. He thought, maybe if he didn't look at anybody , they'd just ignore him.

Chresanto cursed himself for being so optimistic at times.

Just as he neared his locker, he was tripped, causing him to stumble and drop his books. He frowned sadly,hearing laughter and whispers in the background. He decided to focus on quickly picking up his books,sorting them by size.

"So, it looks like a boy and cleans like a woman." A voice stated. He didn't have to look up to know who the voice belonged to.

"Ty, please, leave me alone."
He spoke quietly , not meeting the bully's eyes.

"How about you be a man and make me." He bow down to whisper condescendingly in his ear. "Oh wait, you can't." Ty showed a fake sympathetic frown and walked away with a chuckle.

And Chresanto just carried on with his books and a sniffle, because this happens everyday.

But then he bumped into someone and he felt the need to just crawl into the corner, preparing to be yelled at.

"You shouldn't let that idiot talk to you like that."

And Chresanto's breath hitched.

What? Someone actually believed that?

Chresanto hesitantly looked at the owner of the angelic voice and kind advice, and the voice was nothing compared to the face.

That in itself made his breath hitch again. He didn't know what to say and the fact that such a beautiful human being stood in front of him didn't help at all.

Chresanto looked down and cleared his throat. "Yeah,but I can't do anything about it." He shrugged.

The beautiful stranger frowned, shaking his head,preparing to speak but was interrupted.

"Jacob, come on! I wanna be early to second period," a guy with short , dark brown curls, slimmer and taller than Jacob, called.

Jacob looked back at Chresanto and smiled a little. "Well, I'll see you later , Chresanto."

And Chresanto only managed a wave,too surprised that this graceful angel knew his name and took time to speak to him.

He carried on to imagine what it'd be like being friends with him, something he often did since he's lonely, and maybe being optimistic wasn't such a bad thing.