Chapter One

In and out, that’s how things were always supposed to go. Careful planning, flawless execution, perfect results - with Matt and me that’s the only way we could accomplish anything. From childhood, we have been trained to think on our toes, and it’s always been favorable for us. It landed us into a great university, gave us great job opportunities, a seemingly normal life. It has also made us the most wanted criminals on the F.B.I.’s most wanted list and widely popular on the criminal crime ring that has infected this city. What can I say? I’m a popular guy. If things went haywire, we bolt leaving a blood trail. At least then our hides would be covered. It’s not that we like to do it, it’s just in this dog eat dog world, it’s better to stay on top than to come crumbling down.  Besides, no one would expect two college kids to be planning the biggest heists in history. But, let me be clear. We are trying to help people, but our methods are a little different than what the government is used to. But, sometimes sacrifices are needed for the good of the North American people. No matter what, every mission has to be clean cut and expertly executed…
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  Alfred crawled through the air ducts of the lavish house on the “good” side of the city trying to keep his voice low and his butt even lower. The duct was a tight fit and Alfred tried not to think of his extreme claustrophobia that he had ever since he was a little kid. He stopped and took a deep breath closing his eyes and clearing his mind of the tight space. In his ear, he could hear his brother giving him support on the other end of the ear piece. 

“Oui, Alfred. It’s just on the other side of this wall. A few more steps and you are there.”

Alfred’s twin brother and partner in crime, Matthew, was on the opposite end of the street. He was in an abandoned warehouse that used to be the old glass factory. It had been abandoned for at least twenty years, and no one ever came by for inspections anymore. It was the perfect place for Matthew to set up his computer and work the technical part of their self planned mission.

Alfred smirked taking a couple of more steps. Below, there was an opening just small enough to fit the medium framed man. Alfred bit his lip and looked down. The walls were painted a plain white and there was a lavish brown couch and a table. On the table sat an untouched glass of scotch. The beads of water slithered down the glass onto a coaster saving the table from staining. But, underneath the table, sat Alfred’s prize. A small safe that held the code to a government agency that could hack them into the F.B.I.’s mainframe without roadblocks. Not only could they keep tabs on the F.B.I.’s investigation on them, they could also use military secrets and plans to their advantage. Another gang had stolen the plans in an armoured truck before Alfred and Matthew could get their hands on it. How they did it? Alfred and Matthew were puzzled. They had heard the gang had gotten knew leaders, but this took planning at their level. There was no way that normal gang bosses could plan this.

“Everything looks clear on this end, Mattie. How’s it look on yours?” Alfred whispered.

Matthew typed in a few things hacking into a camera. “All clear, go ahead.”

Alfred smirked and carefully removed the grated opening. He set it to the side and quickly made his way over to the wall closest to the shower. He could hear the water dripping from the facet as a result of it leaking. He heard noises of water moving around and dripping off of an unknown item. Matthew’s voice rang in and Alfred held his hand up to the earpiece effectively muffling it. 

“What’s up Matt?” Alfred whispered searching for some indication he was alone. He had a gut feeling he wasn’t, and it made him uneasy.

“The bathroom’s light has been on for five minutes already. This is the chance.”

There was an extended silence in the line. Alfred still wasn’t sure. He knew one wrong move could jeopardize the mission, and the only way out was up. There was no way he could fight out of this one. Matthew, on the other hand, was starting to get worried. Alfred didn’t pick up, and someone had parked a van outside. He knew he shouldn’t have been worried but you could never be too careful, especially, in this business. He shook off the feeling he was being watched. The number one priority right now was to get Alfred in and out safely.