Winter

PROLOGUE:

Liam Lockwood was sure that Ashley Harrison would accept his hand in marriage. Although he wasn't in love with her, his mother Anne Lockwood, a French socialite, and his father Howard Lockwood, a former Navy captain and a wealthy banker, convinced Liam that this was for the best. You know what they say, love comes later.

Ashley Harrison is the daughter of Harold Harrison , a rich lawyer, and Eleanor Harrison, a wealthy heiress from an Upper East Side family. To Liam's parents and to most of the Upper East Side, she was "perfect and kind". However, to those who truly knew her, well they couldnt agree.

Ashley was known for sabotaging those who wronged her, for she had a cold heart. Ashley acted as if she were superior and arrogant to those who don't have as much money as her...

Well as Liam was going to pick up the ring, something happened. He ran into a girl that would impact his life forever, Winter.

***

"Okay, alright. I'm picking up the ring right now I'll call you later," Liam sighed over the phone to his father. "Liam...," his father started but Liam hung up before he could say anything else as Liam didn't need another lecture on the importance of this marriage.

Liam already knew what his father would remind him: marriage now, love later. He would go on about the benefits of this marriage. "Ashley is a lovely young lady and she is the perfect wife for you." His father and mother would rant on. Ashley wasn't that bad but she wasn't all that good either. She was beautiful but she was rude and pessimistic. When Liam first met Ashley she was kind, to him at least, and she seemed like a smart girl so when Liam asked her to be his girlfriend overtime her . The day he planned to end things was actually the day his parents brought up the proposal.

Liam continued to walk down fifth avenue, since he enjoyed walking down the busy streets. He decided to take a small detour through Central Park. Distracted by his thoughts of the unclear future, he ran into someone.

Liam apologized, as he looked into the girls icy blue eyes twinkling in the bright sunlight of New York City. He was mesmerized, the girl looked just about his age, maybe a year younger at the least. Her blonde hair was thrown up into a messy ponytail and she looked as if she were on a daily run. Her sweet voice snapped Liam out of his daze, "It's okay, it was my fault," she laughed lightly staring up at Liam.

Liam smiled at the sound of her laugh. "May I ask you a question," he asked. She nodded slowly and he asked her the question that he had been asking himself for weeks, "Do you think I should marry a girl because my parents think it's the best thing for myself and family?" She furrowed her eyebrows and gave a look of confusion. Liam looked at the expression on her face and realized how crazy he was acting "I'm sorry, forget I asked," he said walking away from the girl. "I think you should do what makes you happy," she called before Liam made it to far. Liam paused and asked the girl if she wanted to get some coffee with him. She accepted the offer after a few moments of thought.

The two walked together to a nearby cafe at the corner of fifth avenue. The girl introduced herself as Winter Waldorf. Liam had heard of her parents before. Music executive Richard "Rick" Waldorf and the prestigious business owner, Celia "CeCe" Waldorf. The only reason why he had heard of them is that they own a billion dollar enterprise.

Liam and Winter continued to talk, the hours that passed only felt like a few minutes. They talked about the little things in the world and the big things. From politics and the economy to travel and weather. Although she was a stranger that he just met, she was now a friend. Someone who would affect Liam's life forever.

He walked her to the foyer of the 988 apartment complex. It was a luxurious place to live looking over the grand Central Park. After exchanging numbers, and a quick hug goodbye, Liam and Winter went their own ways. When walking back to his home, Liam couldn't get Winter off his mind. Her voice that spoke so freely and her smile full of passion lingered in his thoughts. She had given him advice about the arranged marriage, and she listened as he ranted on about his family.