Chapter.1

The Alpha king.

He was known to be ruthless and empty of compassion and mercy.

He has killed villages, packs for unknown reasons.

He was visiting my pack.

That very thought has been on my mind for two years. My mother had warned me of this years ago, and now the day was arriving, soon. Tomorrow to be specific. Some say he's still on the search for his mate. Others suggest he killed her with his bare hands, upon laying eyes on her. I think he's holding her hostage somewhere, in a cell, or perhaps his basement.

If he was as heartless as people make him out to be, I would imagine he would want the one thing that will bring him to his knees, to suffer something worse than death. To slowly lose all sanity and all connections to humanity.

I heard footsteps trailing towards my door and soon enough the door swung up. My head snapped to the door as I was brought out of my thoughts. "Adelina I swear to God if you don't get your ass up in the next 5 minutes you'll be late for that coffee, and get one hell of a beating from Scarlett." I groaned and glared at the intruder wretched women, born in the pits of hell. "My house, my rules." The devil spoke again. Why was I even back here? Oh right apparently the Alpha king requested everyone be present for his arrival.

"Okay Mom I'm up, I'm up" I sprung to my feet not wanting to face the wrath of my Mother, or Scarlett. Especially Scarlett. I glanced down at my matted pajamas and grimaced, I need a shower. I looked up at my Mom and shot her a quick query. "What time is it?" Her tone softened and her emerald eyes held concern. "Nine thirty, Lina" My hazel eyes widened at her answer "I'm gonna be late!" I managed to squeak out as I was sprinting to the bathroom. I heard my Mom laugh quietly while she was on her way out, closing the door behind her.

I peeled the sleeping wear off of me, which consisted of sweat pants, and a plain shirt. I jumped into the shower and turned the tap to a random heat setting. The water jetted out of the pores in the shower head and hit me at full force. Before I could wrap my hands around the shower gel, a loud scream erupted out of me. Too hot! I jumped away from the water nearly slipping in the process, and strategically set the water to a cooler temperature so that the water wouldn't scald me. I shaved, and scrubbed with incredible speed, and hopped out of the shower quickly drying myself off. I grabbed some black skinny jeans and paired it with a soft white jumper which reached the waistband of the jeans at the front, then the middle of my butt at the back, a bra and some panties.

My jumper is like a mullet it's a party at the back. I quietly snorted at my lame joke while pulling on my clothes. I should be a comedian.

I brushed my long, brown hair into a high pony, pulled my beloved white converse on and was on my way to the front door, car keys in hand. I took a fleeting glance in the mirror and nodded in approval as I swung the door open.

.

.

.

The car ride was short. Maybe five minutes give or take. I parked my car in the parking lot of the meeting place of me and my best friend, Scarlett. I walked through the front door and my eyes instantly went to the one and only Scar. It was easy spotting her there was only about 10 people in the diner. She was tapping her foot impatiently under the booths table while tucking a piece of her dirty blonde hair behind her ear. She looked up from the menu and our eyes connected. Her expression instantly lit up. "Lina!" She said excitedly. She knew I could hear her from the distance. With the magnified hearing and all. I ran up to the table and she eagerly hugged me after standing up." I haven't seen you in like a month!" She exclaimed realizing how much she missed her partner in crime. "I missed you too, Scar" I laughed.

We separated from the short embrace and she examined me from my head down to my toes. "Have you been working out?" Her eyebrows raised. She quickly followed up with "Is it because of a guy?" She winked suggestively. "Have you found-" After a short pause she threw her hand up to her heart and a dreamy look over took her eyes "-the one, your lover, your world, your mate?" I doubled over laughing. After a couple short moments I stood back up regaining composure as I wiped a tear from my eye. I looked at Scar who looked frustrated and said "Nope" Popping the 'p' for exaggeration. "What about you Scar-"

After a short moment I began mimicking her actions. She quickly hit my shoulder once I started with 'the one.' We sat down and she took an intake of air and breathed it out. "No, no I haven't" A short silence over came before I broke it with the following "Oh.. Well, I understand it's just-  honey look at that face who would find that attractive?" I put emphasis on 'that' to get my point across. Scar looked up at me and huffed with annoyance before slapping my arm playfully.

"Rat" She spat out with a grin. I pouted and hit her back. "Rude" I sighed back, and that was the beginning of the long day we spent with each other at the diner, recollecting old memories, laughing, eating, making theories about the 'Alpha king'. I got home at 12:06 am, which is when the diner closed. The house was silent when I arrived so I tugged on my pajamas and crawled into bed, tomorrow. Just one more night until you meet the 'king' of all Alphas I shivered not out of fear, but something else I couldn't quite place my finger on it. I shrugged it off and hugged the duvet closer to my neck. Drifting off to a deep sleep.

-

-

-