Park

We drifted apart but I know that we made the right decision. I am Gavin and this is our story.

Its was beautiful Sunday morning so I decided that me and my 6 years old son, Javine go to the park to stroll. My wife left early because she has an important meeting today. As me and Javine reached the park I sat at the bench while he played. I saw a newspaper stand not so far away so I decided to buy one " Javine just stay here for a while I'm just gonna buy a newspaper. Dont go anywhere, okay?" " okay Daddy." He politely replied. When I came back Javine is gone! I panicked! I asked the couple sitting on the other bench if they saw my son but unfortunately they did not. I searched the park and when I was heading to the playground part I saw a little girl and little boy walking holding each others arm. I realized that the little boy was Javine! I ran to them and said " Javine! You scared me I told you to stay there didnt I?" He bowed his head and started sobbing I carried him in my arms and looked at the little girl. "what's your name?" "Caroline" she answered . Caroline what a beautiful name reminds me of her." I saw your son crying thats why I went near him,he said that he is lost so I helped him." She explained. "Thank you Caroline. How can I repay you?" She frowned " You dont need to repay me Mr." I was confused by her answer so I asked her "Why is that?" " I decided to help him whole heartedly and my mommy said if you help others dont expect something in return because helping and gratitude are free." I was amazed by her answer imagine a 6 year old girl lecturing me about gratidude and helpfulness. Wait, this scene is familiar...
FLASHBACK
20 Years ago
Me and my mom are on the park today,she loves going to places like this. Thats why when she found out that there is a park here she decided that we should go. We are sitting on a bench talking about what will we be doing today when Margaux came, she is my mom's friend. They talked for while and I was getting bored so I decided to go to the playground. Mom would not notice me cause she's facing Margaux. When I reached the playground I saw 2 boys bullying a girl about my age. I saw that she is really scared that's why I went to them. I was surprised when I saw Xavier and Hugo, they are my classmates so I talked to them and said they should not be bullying. They said sorry to the girl and then left." Are you alright?" I asked. "Yes, I'm fine. Thank you for helping me." Her voice is so angelic like her beautiful face. I smiled at her, we talked for a while. I didn't even notice the time until she said that I should get back to my Mom. I told her that I was lost because we are new here in the town, she happily offered to help me. While we are walking hand in hand I saw a woman headed to our direction when she got near I realized that it was mom! She ran towards us then hugged me tightly. She kept whispering that she taught that she lost me. she faced Carleigh then asked "What's your name little girl?". "Carleigh" she politely replied. " Carleigh dear thank you for bringing me back my son. How can I repay you?" Carleigh sweetly smiled at us and said " You don't need to repay me." Confusion is written all over my moms face. "And why is that?"mom asked her. "Because I whole heartedly helped Gavin. And for me if you help others you should not expect something in return because helping and gratitude are free." She answered with a smile. Amused by her answer mom smiled at her and asked her where her parents are. "Mom is near the fountain." she answered. Mom said that we will bring back Carleigh to her mom. When we reached the fountain, Carleigh ran towards her mommy and hugged her tight. "Carla?"mom asked. "Janine!" Carleigh's mom exclaimed. Mom and Carla hugged each other it turns out that they were bestfriends back in highschool. As me and Carleigh grew up together, we fell inlove with each other but I guess we are not meant to be.

END OF FLASHBACK

I was going to ask her if where are her parents when a man and a woman came. Caroline ran towards them. I assumed it must be her parents. When they got near us I was really shocked! "Carleigh?" I called out." Oh! Gavin! Its you." She was surprised to see me too. She introduced us to her husband, Nathan. It really is her, the girl I loved and cherished the most before but now we are both happy with our families.

Who would have thought that me and my first love would meet again? but not for us to continue the love that we ended before instead for my son and her daughter who are now getting married.