Sunshine (Sterek) (boyxboy)

Sunshine 

~*~ 

"Derek, do you have the sunscreen?" 

Derek bashes his head on the bathroom cabinet and curses. 

"Such foul language coming from an upstanding citizen like yourself," Stiles chides from where he's leaning against the bathroom door, smirking.  

Derek scowls at him. "Don't do that!" 

"What, creep up on you?" Stiles saunters into the room looking pleased with himself. "It took years of practice to perfect that particular skill, baby, I aint giving it up now." 

His fingers slide through Derek's hair, brushing gently over the slight bump that's slowly coming up.  

"Damn, that's probably gonna lose you a fair few brain cells, shame really, you could do with not losing anymore." 

Derek bares his teeth, and Stiles beams, lurches up to kiss the top of his head. "All better?" 

"Somewhat," he mutters, stupidly gratified by a move Stiles pulls on at least one of their kids every day. It still feels nice, shut up.  

"Sunscreen," he reminds Stiles after a second, and Stiles draws back from where he's been resting their foreheads together.  

"Oh, yeah, sunscreen!" He claps his hands together, peers into the cabinet. "When did we last have it?" 

"Da!" They both swing to where Keira's hanging off the door handle, looking at them impatiently. "Where's my juice?" 

Stiles plants his hands on his hips and pretends to look bewildered. "Well, I don't know, where did you last have it?" He turns to Derek. "Did you drink Keira's juice, daddy?" 

Derek feigns thoughtfulness. "Maybe, the one in the dinosaur cup? That's mine, right?" 

"No!" Keira shrieks at him indignantly. "'S'mine! Uncle Jackson bought it for me." 

"Yeah, we know," Derek huffs quietly and Stiles snorts beside him, elbows him in the side. 

"I think your cup is in the den, baby. You want me to help you look for it?" 

"No, thank you," Keira sniffs. "I can look for it myself." 

She totters away, pigtails bouncing and Stiles huffs a laugh. "Ten bucks says she starts complaining about how no one in this family ever knows anything by the time she's seven." 

Derek shudders. "Probably; I caught her telling Isaac he ties his shoe laces wrong yesterday." 

"I'm sure she promptly corrected him." 

"Uh huh, with the mouse story and everything." 

"Seem like only yesterday you were teaching her that," Stiles sighs wistfully.  

Derek snorts and grabs the sunscreen from where it's hidden behind Superman Band-Aids. "You feeling nostalgic?" 

"For a time when we got no sleep, had no sex and three kids under five that never stopped crying?" Stiles shakes his head. "Not on your life." 

"I seem to remember some sex." 

"Frantic quickies and half-conscious hand jobs," Stiles clutches his chest. "Lord, take me back." 

"Alright," Derek shoves him back out of the bathroom. "You have a point. Still, they were cute before they could talk back." 

"Derek, they're our kids, of course they were going to learn how to do that before anything else."