Chapter One

My eyes were fixed on the road carrying me away from my home. Everything I knew and loved for 15 years. I'm leaving it all behind to travel all the way across the country.  Its for the best. They said. You'll love it. They said.

My parents don't understand what its like to grow up somewhere and never want to leave. They'd always tell me stories about how they would travel together. Bouncing from house to house. Even as children. Until they had me. I stopped their traveling days. Sometimes I feel like I stopped their happiness. But, they say different.

**
After what felt like forever but was only like 30 seconds, I stopped looking at the road and the town I'd probably never see again.

"Mom, where are we even going? Not like its gonna be like our old house. But I'd still like to know."

"Honey, I know you miss out old house, but you are going to love the new house. Its huge. You will have two of your own rooms to do what ever you want with. We loved our old house but its time for a change. And its not like we are changing everything. We are just changing-"

"EVERYTHING. Mom, you are changing everything. All of my friends are in Montana. Just stop. Its not going to be the same." I cut her off. Everything she said was annoying me. I don't care about two or three rooms. I don't care about a big house. Our old house is what I loved. What I knew. 

"Delilah Marie, you are 15. You can adapt to change" My father at this point was scolding me. Even though he gets pissed at me for my attitude I remind him I get it from him.

I rolled my eyes and dug in my bag for my phone. Instead of texting Taleah I turned on Iheart Radio. Its too early to talk to Taleah. And I already feel like bawling. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep.

****
Okay, this one is really short. Only because its just getting started. I'd love it of you would give me a chance and continue to read. Thanks boo🙈❤