Chapter One

Hey! This is my first attempt at writing a book, so please don't attack me if you hate it! Enjoy:)

It was a cold morning out in the ocean as I sat from my perch on a rock, holding my find of the day. I noticed the wind was starting to pick up more than usual and I saw something on the horizon. However, before I had the chance to see what it was, my sister popped up. While my hair was neither blond nor blond and my eyes green, Marie had long brown hair, and dark eyes that were currently glaring at me.

"Where the hell have you been Sang. Mom's been looking for you," she sneered at me, glee hidden in her eyes. I felt myself shaking as I thought of what I could've done this time.

"Where is she," I whispered, already accepting the inevitable.

"Where she always is, idiot." Marie smirked at me with a knowing glint in her eyes. I began to swim away next to Marie, my green-blue tail contrasting her own murky brown.

As I headed to where I knew my mom was, I ran through possibilities of what I could've done wrong, coming up with nothing. However, as I arrived at my house, it became obvious to me that I was being framed.

The place was a mess. Tables and rocks were thrown everywhere. The coral decorations were in pieces on the sand bottom. Marie had thrown a party.

"Did you think I wouldn't know this was you!" My mom appeared in the opening. "I bet you spread your legs for all your guests, lord knows no one would show up to be with you." She was seething, her and Marie being identical on the inside and the outside. Cruel, hard, and cold. This was exemplified by the shiny dark colors she donned with her scale and top.

I cried out in fear as she grabbed a knife and swam to, yanking me by the hair and dragging me out back. "You'll be spending the night out back," she sneered, cutting deep into my arms and tying me to the anchor out back. "Make sure you avoid the sharks," She laughed cruelly. As she disappeared into the house, that laugh accompanied by Marie echoed through the dark sea around me.