Maangalyam

Mumbai

3 Months Later.....

Gauri Singhania just stood silently and looked at her son...her one and only son gulp the last drop of Whiskey and reached for the next bottle. She felt disgusted at herself for bringing her son to this stage. Gauri walked out of his room and went down to the car. She needed to do something...and fast. Gauri got in and told the driver the address. Right now the only person she knew that would help her was Kamala.

Gauri arrived at the chawl and got down. She looked at the chawl, it's been 3 months since Kalpi's death that she has been to chawl. Gauri walked into the grounds of the chawl and stopped. She took a deep breath and climbed the stair to Kamala's chawl. Kamala and Vittal were sitting when a soft knock sounded the door, they looked at each other in confusion at who could that be at this late at night. Vittal got up from where he was sitting and went to open the door. He immediately was angry when he saw who it was, " what do you want ? " Vittal asked coldly. Gauri looked at him in defeat, " I just wanted to talk to Kamala " Gauri said softly, " there is nothing to talk about. Because of you my Raajkumari is dead " Vittal said almost shouting. " Vittal...enough...come in Gauri " Kamala said. Vittal moved away from the door and stood with his arms crossed. Gauri walked in slowly and sat down. They stayed quiet for sometime, the tension in the room was thick. " what can we do for you ? " Kamala asked and Vittal just looked away. Gauri looked at her fingers and then looked up, " I came to say sorry. " Gauri said softly," sorry ? sorry ? sorry won't bring back Kalpi !! " Vittal said angrily. " I know... " Gauri side sad, " I was stupid. I let my greed take over " Gauri whispered in sadness. She looked up at Kamala, " I'm sorry. But I don't know what to do ? Raghav has gone into depression mode..all he can do is drink...and I'm helpless " Gauri said while choking up. Vittal looked at Kamala and shook his head, " well serves you right...after what you made him do " Vittal said. Gauri just looked down in shame.

Raghav looked at Kalpi picture, the only picture he had after Pakhi burned the rest. Raghav tried to stop Pakhi from burning the pictures, but it was no use. " Kalpi....Kalpi... " Raghav whispered and held the picture close to him as he laid down and cried.

Back at the chawl, the tension was even much thicker. It was after sometime, Vittal spoke up, " why would we help you ? " Vittal asked. " I know what I did was wrong..but please don't blame Raghav. He tried to reason with me but I did not listen. He's just the victim. I was the wrong one..not him " Gauri said. Vittal looked at Kamala and she nodded and smiled at him. Sighing, " fine...we will help" Vittal said.

The next day,Sammy was getting some medicine for Raghav when his phone rang, " yeah..I'm on my way " Sammy said into the phone, " yes..I'll come straight away " Sammy said and hurried to his car and drove off.

From afar someone was watching, " so when are you going ? " another girl asked . The girl smiled and looked back " soon " she said. The girl beside her nodded, " come on...Jai is waiting " she said as she pulled her friend inside the studio.

The doctor was checking Raghav, " I came as fast as I can. " Sammy said as he stood beside Gauri as the doctor did his diagnosis. After the check up the doctor turned to Gauri and Sammy, " Doctor how is he ? '' Gauri asked worriedly, " his drinking is damaging his liver. It's 20% damage. If he drinks anymore it will bust." Doctor said. Gauri looked at Raghav, " he needs to stop drinking. " Doctor said. After talking to the doctor, Sammy showed the doctor out and came back, " He can't keep doing this " Sammy said, Gauri nodded in agreement.

" 20% damaged ? " Kamala asked in shock and Gauri nodded. " hai bappa..." Kamala whispered, " this is bad " Vittal said to Gauri, " I know...I don't know what to do " Gauri said. " maybe I can help " a voice said from outside. Vittal, Gauri and Kamala looked at the door and got a shock. There stood Kalpi, alive and well. Kalpi stepped into the chawl and smiled at them. Vittal stood and looked at her in shock, " Kalpi....." Vittal whispered, Kalpi smiled and nodded, " haan baba...mein hoon...." Kalpi smiled with tears in her eyes. Vittal immediately rushed to her and hugged her tightly, " your back !!! your alive !!! " Vittal said and pulled away and looked at her , " how ?? when ?? where ?? " Vittal asked. Kalpi smiled, " I'll explain " Kalpi smiled and went to Kamala, " aai..." Kalpi whispered. Kamala let out a choke and hugged Kalpi, " Kalpi...oh my god....I can't believe this. Syukriya Bappa...syukriya " Kamala whispered. Kalpi smiled and looked at Gauri and moved to her, " taai...don't worry...mein hoon na " Kalpi smiled and Gauri just hugged her in happiness.