one. michael

On my way home from work, I took the long way. You could say it was because the other route was unsafe, with many sharp curves in the bending road and this route was better with easing into the turns. You could say it was because I enjoyed the soft pitter patter of rain as it slapped against my windshield and the roof of my Chevy. You could say it was because this route was quiet and tamed, opposed to the shorter way. Or, you could say it was because I needed to visit a friend.

I wouldn't be lying to Calum. Surely I wouldn't be lying when he asked why I came home so late. It would be partial; a partial lie. I took the long way home, baby. Much unlike the complete lie I feed him when he asks if I'm cheating on him.

I'm all set when I know I'm about to see my friend. A pack of mints and my usual cologne in the glove box; mints so my friend won't have to deal with horrible breath. Cologne so Calum won't smell my friend's scent on me when I head home.

The flow of the rain was slowing down the slightest bit; I could see the road ahead more clearly, I could make out the letters of my friend's street sign.

Turning down that road, I pulled into an all too familiar driveway, the headlights of this Chevy creating a glint off of my friend's windows. I wondered if he'd be happy to see I came.

I twisted the key and pulled it out of the ignition, the engine dying down and coming to a stop for the time being. I reached over in my glove box and pulled out my mints, popping one in my mouth and placing the container back in.

I checked my appearance briefly in the rearview mirror, brushing my black hair off of my forehead and widening my eyes in hopes of a more approachable effect. With a sigh, I exited my vehicle, a night of fun awaiting me.

I quickened my pace up to my friend's doorstep, seeing as the rain was picking up again. I roughly knocked; one, two, three times.

It wasn't too long before I heard the swift clanking of the locks to his door being unlocked, and the plain gray door swung open.

In front of me stood sex in a body. From the rough, tangled, golden locks of hair, to the prickly stubble on his chin, to his bare chest with a trail of hairs from the belly button to much, much lower areas I'd be visiting later, this boy was beautiful. And he was all mine tonight.

"Hey Luke."