Awakening

His final breath was taken and that cold air was the final touch needed to awaken his latest and final creation. His granddaughter rushed downstairs to see what had happened and she called the hospital. The doctors gave her the news.

He was dead.

She broke into tears and on the day of his funeral, his creation awoke. A blow of cold air from the vent, much like her creator's last breath, awakened her.

The scientist had already written his will and handed down his last creation to his granddaughter, since she always wanted to follow in his footsteps.

Three Years Later

Koda

I walked down into my basement slash lab to check on my experiments. Just yesterday, I perfected a formula for the worlds strongest glue. Now the frying pan is stuck to the counter top.

I looked at the robot my grandfather handed down to me and I smiled. Even though she doesn't work, she'll always make me smile. She reminds me of my granddad, minus the grey hair, the wrinkles and the old man farts."Koda! Time for school! Get up here and have some breakfast!" I heard my mom call for me."Coming!" I yell back. I take one more look at the robot, her name's Eli by the way.

I walk over to her and blow the dust from her face. I smile once more before heading to school.

Hours Later

When I returned from school, I came home to a perfectly clean house. Which was weird. Mom was at work all day so she didn't not! The cat didn't do it cause one, she's a cat, and two, she sleep 18 hours a day! Why was everything so perfect? I heard a noise come from the lab and I drop my bag to rush down and check.

When the door opened and I stepped in, I couldn't believe my eyes."Eli...?" I gasp. Her long purple braids whipped as she turned her head to face me."Welcome home, master Koda. I have cleaned the house and completed your experiments. Here is the Berry Blast you created with all natural components. I checked to make sure everything was perfect." She stated with a robotic female voice.

"H-How....how are you....you were...."

"Allow me to explain. Approximately three years ago, your grandfather, doctor Geraldine Henry competed me just before his last breath. I was just never activated until this morning when you blew your cold breath on my nose." She said."How does that even make sense?" I ask."Like every computer there is a system to activate me. But if that system were to fail, you could just blow on my face. It is a bit weird but no one guess to do it if they were not my master."

"How do you know who's your master and who's not?"

"Any faces that are not stored in my data base are enemies until I am told otherwise. I know the faces of all your family members so they will not be eliminated until I am told otherwise." She explains. I take a step closer to her and feel her face. It feels just like real skin. Her eyes are a magnificent blue."This is real." I whisper. She just stares at me with a straight face. I back away slowly as a smile appears."Yes! She's alive!! You hear me granddad?! You did it! Ahahahaha!!! Wohooo!" I screamed, jumping around like a maniac."Master Koda, if you don't mind my asking," she began."Go ahead."

"Can you adjust my programming.? My file is already on your laptop." She asked."Yeah, sure." I shrug and sit in my chair. I logged on and went to the Eli file."What do you want me to adjust?" I ask."First, my voice. Even I think I sound creepy."

I heard steam and what sounded like something opening. I look over to her to see her neck had a whole in it. I shriek and fall out my chair."Are you alright, master?" She asks."Yeah. Can you warn me the next time you open your neck?" I ask, climbing back into my chair."Yes ma'am."

I scrolled through her file and clicked on hr voice."Here. Plug my voice chip into the computer." She said. I reached up and disconnected the small chip from her neck and plugged it in. Another screen appeared, saying to chose a voice style. I scrolled through, seeing options like old man, popstar, mother, British woman, French woman.

I chose one that said normal girl and in a matter of moments the chip was glowing green. I took it out and Eli placed it and n her neck again. I heard a few wording sounds but then she spoke."Thank you, master. I like this voice much better."

I squealed again.

"If you wish, there are ways to add things to my files." She says."Do you have any special features? Like, any weapons?" I ask."Your grandfather wanted to complete me before adding anything special. You must install any special features you desire for me to possess." She explains. I nod and get to work on a blueprint.

"What is that, master Koda?" She asks."A blueprint....for...weaponized...arms." I answer slowly as I'm drawing it out. I showed it to her once I finished."I love it!" She squealed."They're gonna be separate arms that transform into machine guns! How awesome is that?!"

We jump around holding hands and squealing and screaming until I hear the door open."Mom's home. C'mon, we've gotta show her! She's gonna be so excited!" I grab her hand and we rush upstairs."Koda, I'm home!" She called for me."Mom! Mom! Look!" I scream, showing her Eli.

"Another one of your inventions?" She asks."No! Granddad created her and I brought her to life! Isn't this amazing?!"

Then she gasped, her eyes widened and a tear went down her cheek."This...is Eli?" She asked, stepping closer."Yes ma'am." My Father's creation answered me. I touched her face and smilled."A living memory....of my father. This is amazing." She said. She wrapped her arms around Eli's neck and cried.

"Your father made me inpenitrible. No liquid can reach my circuits from the outside. So cry on my shoulder if you must." Eli said.