Chapter 1 new life

My eyes blindingly opened up as the Australian sun rudely beamed into them. I turned my head to the left to look at my bed side table clock which has the time and date on it, oh crap it's ten past seven I'm gonna be I late for work.

Sorry I'm in a rush so I'll briefly tell you about me as I find my blimmin work clothes. I'm Lexi Valley, I'm eighteen and out of school. I lived in America all my life until I was in a massive car accident with my mother Bella, but my mother didn't make it and I somehow did. With the exception of losing most of my memories but somehow I remembered my dad Jason, which the doctors say was a miracle that I even remembered someone because of the conditions I was in. So after the accident dad flew over from Australia and waited till I recovered some memories and my wounds healed, which the doctors thought was amazing how fast I healed. Someone in the condition Would usually take a year to recover, I took three months. Any way, then we came here to my dads lovely Australian beach house on the Gold Coast. After all that happened I also somehow got a job at the local food market one month after my arrival  and now I work with my two new best friends Hither and Cole who are my only friends that have a very weird sense of humour and always put a smile on my face. It's great here but I just wish I could go back to America  and figure out more memories that I had in America, but dad won't let me go.

Yes I found my clothes and I can smell bacon and eggs, I wonder what the occasion is. I look over to see the date on my bed side clock. It's the thirty first of July 2019. Isn't that my birthday.
A sudden memory hit my mind with a bunch of people that look familiar and were all hugging me and saying congratulations as I see my mum looking upset in the background.

I snap back to reality. These flashes usually happen every now and then but I just can't seem to remember. I was walking fast down the stairs when I stopped and heard a voice.
"You'll remember soon."
What the hell even the weird voice is back, just leave.
"As you wish."
The doctors didn't say anything about hearing voices in my head but I've just self diagnosed myself with delusional voice hearing, that's a thing in my books (it's a saying).
I continue to walk faster down the stairs to see my dad just finishing cooking bacon and eggs.
"Dad what's all this for?"
"Don't tell me you didn't know it was you birthday?" He said with a fake sad face expression.
"I had a feeling but wasn't sure till now."
"We'll dig in and then after work I have a surprise."
"Please tell me the surprise now!" I demanded as if I was top dog in the house.
"Nope. Just wait till after work."
He's not gonna tell me, Is he. Hmm, guess I'll just take my food to eat in the car.
"Well I'll best be off to work, I'll take my food with me."
"Okay, my little nineteen year old birthday girl. Bye!"

I love my dad, he's the only family I've got. Although I have a bad memory of mum and dad fighting one night when I was young and he never came back, but that shouldn't change my feelings for my dad cause he's here for me now. When I told him the memory in hospital my dad told me he left cause  he is full Australian and missed his country, but to be honest my dad looks more native Indian. I guess either his mum or dad was a native Indian, but I wouldn't no cause dad said his family left Australia and he doesn't know where they live.

Time for a a good drive to work. Traffic is great when you're already late (note the sarcasm).

This is my new life in Australia, but something always feels like something is missing, like my heart is in half or something.
"That's because it is girl." The voice in my head says with great sorrow. Just "shut up!" I reply back in my head, but for some reason I felt sad now like the voice in my head was right.