1

At first, it all started with this.

It was different than he expected, or more likely, different than he intended.

It would be a cold moonless night. The sky was dark and low, the air so chilled it hurt to breathe. Already the ground was laid white with frost and any water that had been liquid under the winter sun had become ice.

There was no hint of warmth left, nothing of the autumn or the kiss of the vanquished sun.

The night comes with such a sharpness that the rutted brownfields take on the appearance of a sugared cobbler under the moonlight.

Something bad is happening.

The absence of light that had bothered him so much at first just became normal. The world was carved in charcoal, the once lively hues of the plants were no more than a vigorous fantasy.

His palms were sweaty and the adrenaline coursing through his system was shutting down his ability to think logically. He wanted to run or beat the living daylights out of him, either would do.

An invisible hand clasps over his mouth; an equally ghostly hypodermic of adrenaline pierces his heart, unloading in an instant. He felt his ribs heaving as if bound by ropes, straining to inflate his lungs. His head is a carousel of fears spinning out of control, each one pushing his mind into blackness.

''Hello little brother.''

It was surely unexpected.

**

Despite his fear to the world, he managed to live somehow.

Whenever he recalls his memories about his brother, they are sharp and cut right through him every time he thinks about them. Even the sweet good moments they had been now turned into a knife that kills his already broken heart.

But at the same time, he could feel the fear.

Nightmares.

Whenever he wakes up before he could kill him. But he could still feel the appearance of the chilling knife around his throat, digging deeper into him. It's sharp edges running around his smooth, pale, skin ready to stab. He could hear hid heavy breathing and the sweat from his forehead was enough to fill an entire bottle.

The nightmare was always the same. Paralyzed, blood, cold. The man would come closer with the knife, making sweeping movements to a music only he could hear. He would be closer, then further away and then closer again.

So he decided to end them, by not sleeping.

He thought if he stopped sleeping, all of his worries, his memories, his nightmare will fade.

But he never thought about insanity.

He just couldn't sleep, and he will never be able too, the longer he didn't sleep the bigger the nightmares became and the more his insanity will increase.

The next few months was when he started becoming slightly...... uncontrollable. His thoughts about his brother will never stop, in fact, the Uchiha will always think about his brother coming to him, and stab him from the back.

And that when he started hallucinating, his body started to become sluggish, or even worse.

"Little corpses, trying to greet me, hallucinations that eat my toes, blood everywhere a beautiful crimson blood, cantaloupe ants and evil cow rings, these are a few of my favorite things!"

His hallucinations were getting progressively less amusing. As he sat on the couch, staring at the wall, he looked up to see a corpse hanging by a noose from the lamp.