Prologue

"He's on the plane, Father. He seems to be heading towards Gotham but perhaps not for what you seem to be much too hopeful for."

"You don't trust me, daughter?"

"It's not that, Father. I just fail to see why their marriage is important to the survival of the League. Or why it's always been the basis of your plan in the first place?"

"He's your cousin, dear. And the only remaining part of this family who can create a suitable enough heir to take over for me when my time is over."

"If you're so concerned about having a male heir, why is he not the heir? Why does it have to be a child of both of their bloods?"

"The mixture of the blood of two ascendants of the League provides the ability to make it pure and thus allows this family to keep the power we have."

"Yet my young naive cousin is completely unaware of his bloodline."

"Young Nathan has to be unaware or else he could become a deadly weapon against us. Amelia on the other hand, she won't know about her bloodline because of Jonathan Crane, Oswald Cobblepot or Edward Nygma becoming involved and ruining our plan. Crane especially almost ruined what is her destiny and I have to make sure he stays as far as he can from Amelia."

"He's gone off the rails, Father. Jonathan Crane doesn't exist anymore, only Scarecrow. You do not have to worry about his interference."

"It's a facade, dear. But one that he must keep if he does not want to end up in a shallow grave."

"So what do you plan on doing with Amelia? She's near death and you have the device that will prevent it. How are you going to make sure that Nygma knows about it?"

"Oh do not worry about that. I'll make Edward Nygma come to me. The man is a fool but he's not unintelligent."

"He's going to bring Jonathan into the situation though."

"And if he does, I'm prepared to make sure he doesn't get his hands on Amelia. Now trust me Talia. This will work. It has in the past and I refuse to let anyone get in the way of fate. And remember that even you are not exempt from that rule."