Chapter 1: "Friends"

~~•~~

~~•~~

Artemis took a deep breath of the cool air of the Blackwood Mountain. The view was absolutely breathtaking. How the never falling snow illuminated in the moonlight. How beautiful the forest floor looked with a fresh blanket of snow on it. She shivered lightly, even with a coat on Artemis could still feel the cold nipping at her exposed face. "I better get inside. Looks like the storm is starting," she told to herself as she watched the snow danced in the rushing winds, pushing them faster and faster. When she got inside, she was greeted by Beth Washington, the quote unquote "eldest twin".

"Hey Artemis," Beth said.

"Hey Beth," Artemis smiled. She and Artemis walked down the stairs and into the kitchen, only to find multiple bottles of booze - unsurprisingly - opened and emptied. On the table were Josh and Chris knocked out drunk.

Beth walked towards her heavily intoxicated brother with a smirk. She patted his back hard, trying to get a response, but to no avail. "Jeez, Josh. Once again brother you've outdone us all." She laughed.

Suddenly, Beth looked out the window, squinting her eyes, "Hey. Did you see that? My dad said it'd just be us this weekend." Artemis looked out the window to see no one. Beth looked at her with eyebrows raised, with no answer, Artemis merely shrugged. She absentmindedly looked around the table and found a note. The writing itself was suspicious. It was Mike's handwriting... But the contents showed an unforeseen devious plan. She picked it up and read it out loud, "You look so damn hot with that shirt... but I bet you're even hotter out of it. Come to the guest room at 2:00 A.M. Mike, XXX." Artemis almost scoffed at the note. She crumpled it up and threw it into the trash, where it belonged.

Hannah Washington was the sweet pure one in the family. She was kind and selfless and childish. But that was the best part of Hannah, her childish nature can always put a smile on your face. And to see Michael write such a thing was horrid. Artemis couldn't bare the thought of Hannah with Michael, even if she does have a major crush on him.

"Michael can't mean anything good with that note," Artemis muttered.

Beth pinched the bridge of he nose and sighed heavily, "What'd my naive sister get herself into now?"

Artemis locked eyes on the window as she saw long black hair waving in the snow storm, "Beth was that . . .?"

"Yeah it was," she said as she hurriedly grabbed her jacket. "Try and wake up my brother while I find out what's goin' on." She told her before running out of the kitchen.

"Josh, Josh! Wake up!" Artemis whispered harshly, nudging him. He stirred lightly before going back to sleep. She cursed under her breath before running to the entrance. She saw the group standing outside.