Serene Morning

A/N  This is my first time writing fanfiction. If anybody has advice, tips or suggestions based on this chapter, I'm all ears. Feedback is much appreciated. ^~^  I own none of the images used throughout the story's (however many) parts.
Word Count: 521

The warm, morning sunlight shone through the translucent curtains into the bedroom. The sounds of birds happily chirping was all that could be heard.

Curled up underneath the warm embrace of sheets, lied a raven haired male and his feline companion. Levi slowly opened his eyes to see a ball of (h/c) fur curled up besides him. He mentally smiled while propping himself up with his right elbow and gently stroked (y/n)'s soft (h/c) fur.

A soft purring emitted for her as she nuzzled closer to Levi. The feline looked up, her (e/c) irises meeting with steel grey ones. "Time get up."  As Levi got out of bed to change, (y/n) gracefully jumped off the bed and made her way to the kitchen to patiently wait for breakfast.

She made herself comfortable on the kitchen counter as Levi came down the steps and entered the kitchen. He grabbed a small dish from the fridge, a cup, and two bowls.

While the water for tea was set to boil, Levi heated up the small dish, which contained (y/n)'s favorite fish. Salmon. It wasn't the cheap, canned salmon. No. It was fresh, wild caught salmon that most people wouldn't buy just to have their cat eat it. But Levi loved (y/n) and deemed her worthy of being fed such fish.

Beep

The familiar sound of the microwave echoed in the kitchen. That meant only one thing to (y/n).....food! She watched intently as Levi place a decent amount of salmon into a bowl and place it in front of her. Instead of immediately eating the precious fish, she waited. She waited for Levi to sit down with his own food before consuming her own. And when she did, only then did she lower her head into the bowl to eat

It has always peaked his curiosity. How could any animal have such odd, human-like behavior? (Y/n) never started eating before him, she always waited and ate in a neat and mannerly fashion. She never made mess and has never disobeyed him. Levi couldn't think of one time when (y/n) did something that angered him.

He just couldn't wrap his head around it. She's just so perfect. A perfect companion for him.

Noticing the odd look on her companion's face and the fact that he stopped eating, (y/n) stopped eating as well to look up at him. She carefully went up to him and gently nudged his shoulder, meowing. Levi snapped out of his thoughts to see a familiar pair of bright
(e/c) eyes staring at him curiously. A smile tugged at his lips as he scratched her between the ears and returned to his food. (Y/n) enjoyed the loving touch before returning to her own meal as well, seeing as there was nothing wrong.