Chapter One// The Floggings

*Your POV*

I've been called many things in my 19 years alive, yet I've never had a name of my own. They say I'm nothing, that I'm not worthy of name. I was sold to a moister farmer at the age of four, after my mother was brutally murdered. From there, I was sold to a herd of scavengers until my 15th birthday, when I was sold to my current owner, Maremin Hadd.

Master Hadd owns a low-class tavern on the planet of Lothal. He resembles an eel from his blue, scaly completion. His eyes are intimidating to look into. They lacked emotion, and pierce into your soul, as if he were reading your spirit. The large man also holds a nasty temper, as I had had to learn the hard way. Within the first week in his ownership he had flogged me multiple times, leaving noticeable scars on my back.

"Bring me my drink, girl!" a large, reptile like man orders from across the dirty tavern.

"Watch your tone with me, lizard brains!" I snap back, flashing a warning glance. I'm used to serving shit-cases like him, but today is particularly bad. Taking my sweet time, I make my way to the large creature.

My shoulder-length hair is in a half-bun, and the dark makeup I'm wearing makes my large almond eyes appear sunken. The low hanging, metallic dress I wear hugs my curvy body, and cuts off mid-thigh, showing off my distinct collar bones. Clanking echoes through the stuffy room as my black, platform boots hit the old wooden floor.

"It took you long enough." the idiotic man complains.

I practically throw his colossal drink onto the tarnished, stone table. "You'd be smart not to test me, sir" I grit through my teeth.

"Woah, calm your tits" he foolishly responds, "Now, how 'bout you go back to the kitchen where you belon-"

The man is cut off by lack off breath. He struggles to gasp in air only to fail, as his face turns to a dark shade of purple.

I-I'm responsible.

I look down to see my bare arm stretched out, with my fingers spread ever so slightly. I'm shocked, but I don't stop my actions.

Power. The feeling of power pumps through my veins. I've never felt to strong in my life.

This isn't you. Please. Stop.

I hear a familiar voice, but it's not coming from anyone in the tavern. In fact, no one was even paying attention to us.

Please. You know this is wrong.

Startled by the recurring voice, I drop my arm and release the man from my physiological grip. The creature collapses upon the table, desperate to receive oxygen.

What just happened? How did I do that?

At that moment it felt like the world went still. Everything turned to a blur. Running to the back room, I lock the door in hopes to calm myself.

"Breath. Just breath" I tell myself as I rock back- and-forth. My heavy heaving fills the caster-phobic room, "What were you thinking? You foolish girl! Master Hadd will be furious." Thoughts of the beatings I'll surely receive fill my mind. The whips... the boards... I can't handle another flogging. Memories of past punishments inhibit my mind. All of the times I was beaten half to death. Blood. Oh the blood loss.

Fear takes over my entire body, causing me to start hyperventilating. Hot tears run down my cheeks, and drips onto the floor. Then everything goes black.

~Sorry for the short chapter, I just wanted to give your character some background. I hoped you liked the first part of my story <3 I'll be updating very soon, and I plan to have Kylo Ren appear in the next chapter. Thanks so much for reading <333~