The Letter

I walked through the town of Konohana. I lived in Bluebell, so I never had much time to be in Konohana, taking care of my animals and all (Note to self: Try not to own a kazillion animals). So whenever I got the chance to go to Konohana and meet the people there, I was always ecstatic.

The first thing I always did was to go to the message board, which I did. There was one request from Nori, which said to give her three blueberries.

I checked my bag. I remembered having some blueberries.... Aha! Found 'em! I ran towards her house.

I saw Gombe tending to his plants. Knocking on the door to Gombe's place, I walked in. I found Nori in her room to which I delivered the blueberries. She thanked me with a big smile on her face.

Afterwards, I went outside and went pretty much everywhere greeting everyone.

After playing with Ying and Rahi, (and realising it was getting dark) I walked them home.

I checked my watch. "9:01". Was I really hanging around for that long?

Sighing, I turned towards the mountains and started walking.

I silently complained about how long the mountain path was as I reached about halfway up the mountain, near its peak, where the cooking festivals always happened.

Eileen should really fix the tunnel that connects the two towns. *sigh* How can someone actually climb up and down like this?.... Oh right, Dirk... Holy cow, how does he manage all this?

I shook my head. That boy sure has some willpower. I blushed slightly thinking of him. Over the months, I had gotten a bit of a crush on the cute boy.

I glanced around me. It was starting to get dark. I almost couldn't see my hand in front of my face.

'I should probably get home before it gets darker,' I thought, breaking into a sprint.

After running for a bit, I saw the sign of Bluebell, followed by its walls and the chicken statue on the pillar.

I kept sprinting and then-

"Oof!"

I was launched backwards and onto the ground on my butt.

"Lillian! Are you okay?" A worried voice rang out.

"What does it look like?" I muttered as I looked up and saw... Dirk? Oh, right. He always works until this late. I always forget. My face turned slightly red.

He held out his hand, which I used to get up and balance myself.

"Thanks..." I muttered, wiping the dust off my skirt.

"Sorry about that.." he said, letting out a sheepish laugh.

"It's alright," I told him, my face heating up. Why does his laugh have to be so cute?!

"Why are you out so late?" Dirk asked.

"I was over at Konohana. I guess I just lost track of time," I said with a small laugh and a shrug.

"Well, you better be careful, okay? I'll see you later now." Dirk said as he walked past me, ruffling my hair.

I smiled, then tried fixing it, but ended up leaving it because I was just gonna go sleep anyway.

I watched him leave, then turned back to walk home. But something caught my eye. A letter on the ground.

I picked it up. It said that it was for me and it was from.... Dirk?

What?

I looked back towards the mountain road. Dirk was gone. Had he dropped it? Was he supposed to give it to me? Hmm... Should I open it? Well, if it's for me, then I guess it'd be okay if....