Chapter 1

"Morning beautiful." She felt the warmth of his breath across her cheek before his lips gently fit against hers. He pushed himself up on the bed and closer to the woman lying before him.

"As much as I'm enjoying this, I have a hospital to run of which you work in, Staff Nurse Masters... So unless you want a pissed off boss on your hands, get up and get dressed-" "I love it when you're so chirpy in the mornings." He winked down at her before kissing her once more and sitting up.

Mornings always were a blur to Connie, well ever since she'd been dating Jacob anyway. "Seriously how long does it take someone to get dressed Jacob-" "Coming from the quick dresser herself!" He flashed her a smile as he waltzed into the kitchen and swept his arms around her waist, placing kisses along her neck. For a moment Connie forgot what she was doing before catching a glimpse of the time. "Shit Jacob we're late... Come on!"

She pulled away heading for the door and got in the car waiting for him to lock the door. "Take your time your royal highness, not like I got places to be or anything." She glared as he climbed in the car before pulling away and getting to the ED.

Before Connie could say much Jacob was out of he car. She quickly followed but failed to get his attention. "Staf- Jacob please turn around for one second you complete jerk." He spun round to face a smirking Connie realising she'd only said it to get him to look at her.

She crossed the car park stopping in front of him, reaching her hands around his neck. "I'm sorry, you know how much pressure I've been under with Hansen since it got round about us. I don't want him using this against me, against us okay? I promise I'll make it up to you later if you come round though." He finally smiled again as his hands remained around her waist while he leant in to kiss her.

The kiss was more passionate than Connie had planned and they'd gained several colleagues attention with it. When she finally pulled away Jacob was left grinning whilst she tried to hide the smile. "I'll see you tonight-" "Well I'll see you all day but say whatever you have to, to stop yourself from being so distracted by me." Again he winked before she held onto his hand and walked into the department together.

After only being in for an hour Connie's phone began to ring. Hansen. "Henrik what can I do for you-" "I need those figures on my desk by tomorrow morning and I also need the list of names that you're putting forward for the ceremony in a few months time." Connie had completely forgot about those. "Wait you didn't need the figures until next week yesterday why all of a sud-" "Just do it Mrs Beauchamp."

"I do have a private life from this place-" "And don't we all know about it, wouldn't really class it as a private life much. Tomorrow morning." The line went dead just as Connie was ready to begin hurling abuse down the phone at him. "Ugh!" She dropped her head to the desk as Charlie pushed the door open smiling.

Connie lifted her head to see the older nurse smiling. "Oh I'm glad you think this is entertaining-" "It can't be that bad." She raised an eyebrow as he sat down in front of her. "One of these days I swear I'm going to push him off a- Yes can I help you?" Connie stopped mid sentence as she looked up to someone in the doorway. Hansen. Seriously!?

"Was the phone call not enough for you, you had to grace me with your literal presence too?" He forced a smile as he walked into the office eyeing Charlie. "Right I best get back, thank you for helping me with that patient." She smiled silently thanking him for not dropping her into anything. "Hansen what can I do for you now that I couldn't have done five minutes ago over the phone?"

"I figured this was best done face to face. You need to keep your relationships professional when in the department-" "Excuse me!?" Connie stood up folding her arms against her chest. "It's no secret that Nurse Masters is-" "How dare you try and insinuate I treat him any different to the other nurses in this hospital. Just because Staff nurse Masters and I see each other outside of the hospital, does not mean he gets some sort of favouritism here! Now I'd appreciate it if you could get out of my office and let me do some work!"

Connie walked out of her office and saw Jacob look towards her. She just shook her head stopping him from speaking or coming near her knowing Hansen would bring it up. "Mrs Beauchamp." She stopped by the nurses station as Hansen caught up to her. "I suggest that Nurse Freeman, Dr Hanna and yourself have a meeting today to discuss those names for me-" "And why would that be, oh right yeah in case I decide to show favouritism and pick people for other reasons... Right, no problem you'll have them by the morning."

Connie sighed before disappearing with a patient to stop any further questions. Later that day she arranged a meeting with Rita and Zoe before finishing everything she needed to for Hansen. No way was she letting his childish demands ruin the evening she had planned...