Chapter 1: Nyx Awakening

A bright blue bird flew everyday to the highest mountain to sit on the peak of her prison. Everyday the bird would stare at her beautiful face and everyday the bird would try to peck the ice that surrounds her.

The ice would fault but new ice crystals would formulate to take its place. Everyday the bird would leave to try again another day when the sun diminishes from the sky.

Another day has passed and as the sun was dipping into the ocean, the bird's shadow soared across her feet. The crystals shined more brightly as the last light blazed across it.

The bird did not sit or touch her face but sat by a perch parallel to her cheek. The bird watched in wonder at the ice shines in bare light. More ice shards glow and its crystals shined like a bright light.

The body started to glow a bright white light. Her hair turned from black to white. When the sun hid its face, her hair grew to her elbows. The bird perched its head towards the wonder and continued watching her.

The icicles looked like a dull light in front of her. Her body shinned brighter than anything the bird saw. She stood stagnant and bright in the air awaiting something.

The bird spread its tiny wings and flew up to her. It landed on an ice edge by her neck. The bird took its beak and pecked the ice by her chin. With one touch her body light grew at its peak.

The crystal shards broke apart from her frozen body and it stood midair as the bird watched wide eyed. The bird flew around her as she descended.

Her body lays flat on the ice. The bird watches her closely flying around. The bird settles by her arm and slowly hops to the side of her face still carefully and cautiously watching.

Inhaling in with its tiny stomach, the bird screams into her ear. Her eyes shot open to the colors of a bright universe. Her eyes change to a dark black frighting the bird.

The bird changes from a blue pigment feathers to feathers twice the size with a shimmer of gold. The bird bawl out in pain. The bird shakes its body while the feathers grow. The bird stretches out its wings onto the ice and its beak touching its chest.

"It has been a thousand years since you have woken. The world has been overrun with the naked apes since your absence."

The woman looks at the bird with its new gold feathers, "then it will be easier to find a warm heart to consume than in the last cycle."

She looks at the bird folding her sleeves.

"As we are the last of our kind, there is no need to hide from me bird," she states turning her eyes to the darkest blue onto the bird. The bird changes in the glow of its body to a beautiful young man with eyes the color of its feathers. His clothing is a rich green and purple draping along his torso.

Kneeling down to the woman he faces, "Sister, lets find you as much hearts as you desire,"

She smiles and states, "I need one who would willingly give his heart to me, then this imprisonment would banish."

He looks down, "let's not waste time, morning will soon be here. Let us fly with the winds to the kingdom of the naked apes."