I Was Here

I Was Here: An AnseRa one shot fanfic set in the modern world.

Anselmo ran after them. The next thing he saw was something he would never have expected. The car was hit by a rampaging van. The sedan, where Nidora was riding, spun out of control then toppled over. He froze. He didn't know what to do. It was an accident he wished he didn't witness.

--------

"Nidora, wag mo kong iiwan. Andito lang ako." Anselmo held Nidora's hand as she was being transferred to the OR. She was unconscious. "Please, Nidora. Wag kang susuko. Mahal na mahal kita."

"Sir, hanggang dito na lang po kayo. Hindi na kayo pwedeng sumunod sa loob." The nurse stopped Anselmo in front of the OR. "Pwede kayo maghintay sa admitting or sa lobby."

"Nurse, please gawin niyo ang lahat para iligtas si Nidora. I love her and I don't want to lose her." The doctor overheard the conversation of the Anselmo and the nurse.

"Iho, gagawin namin ang lahat. I assure you, we'll do our best to save your girlfriend's life. Have faith." That's all he had. Faith. He'll keep on praying just to save Nidora's life.

--------

"Dadalhin kitang America, Nidora. Walang makakapigil." Her mother, Ariana said. "Sinasayang mo ang buhay mo dito. Para saan? Para makipag boyfriend diyan kay Anselmo? Sa Amerika kita pag-aaralin." Ariana grabbed her daughter's arm and pulled it off from Anselmo.

"Tita Ariana, please. Mahal ko po ang anak ninyo. Wag niyo siyang ilayo sakin. Parang awa niyo na po. Luluhod ako kung kailangan ko, wag niyo lang siyang palayuin." Anselmo pleaded. He kneeled in front of Ariana.

"Tita? Kaano-ano ba kita? Lumayas ka sa harapan ko. Hindi kita hahayaan makipagkita kay Nidora ulit." Ariana pushed Anselmo away and dragged Nidora back to the car. The driver drove.

The next thing they knew, the car was spinning out of control. The driver side was hit with a rampaging van, a big one, enough to get them off the road.

--------

"Doc, ano pong nangyari?" Anselmo asked when the doctor called and approached him.

"Mrs. Ariana is in the ICU. She's in a coma. It's hard to tell when she's going to wake up. Her vitals are completely unstable." The doctor said. "And we don't know yet if makakalagpas siya sa nangyayari. We'll do our best to manage."

"Please doc. For Nidora. Please save her mother." Anselmo paused. He saw the look on the doctor's face when he mentioned Nidora's name. Worry consumed him. "Doc, ano pong nangyari kay Nidora."

"Nidora is in a coma. She's stable. We don't understand why she hasn't woken up yet. We'll run more tests. Pero, it seems that everything is normal so far. She's just not responding to anything." The doctor said. Anselmo couldn't grasp what he's hearing. All he knew was Nidora is in a coma and there's nothing he could do but wait.

"Am I allowed to see her, stay with her?" Anselmo asked. He wanted to be with her even just for a little while.

"You can stay as long as you want. Pero kapag dumating ang mga tunay na kamag-anak, you'll have to give way." The doctor said.

"Thank you po doc." Suddenly, Anselmo felt dizzy. He swayed a bit which the doctor noticed?

"Anselmo, okay ka lang ba? You're pale. Kumain ka muna." The doctor said.

"Sige po doc. Salamat."

--------

Nidora was standing three meters away from the crash. "Anong nangyayari?" She ran towards the car. "Mama, mama." She tried holding her mother's arm but it didn't work. "Ha? Anong nangyayari? Nasaan ako?" That's when she saw herself. She was unconscious. There was bleeding everywhere. Her abdomen was punctured. The medical team was already moving her.