A New Life (Chap. 22) (A witch love story)

~~~Katheren's P.O.V.~~~

"Let's go out for lunch," Sabrina said as she met Daren and me in the cafeteria that same day.

"Sure, where do you do want to go?" I was all for this plan, I almost started to jump up and down while pumping my fist in the air.

We ended up going to some fast-food place that after we left I forgot the name of it. I spent the while time laughing, telling jokes, and just talking about everything. If this was the last memory that Sabrina was going to have of me, I at least wanted it to be a good, happy one.

I spent the short car ride back to school contemplating what the last thing I would do for Daren if I would die in a week, which, admittedly, could very well happen. There was one thing that I could give him... but I wanted to wait to do that after I was married. Which might not happen... I blanched at the thought and almost thought that is what I would do, but then I remembered a promise a made to my parents when I was younger, I told them I would wait, and I didn't plan to break that promise now, if I was on a death list or not.

Without thinking of anything else that I could possibly do for him, I just decided that I would spend every moment possible with him.

When we parked at school, I dashed around that car and into Daren's arms. "Well hello to you too," he laughed, I just clutched myself closer to him.

He walked Sabrina and me to our Social Studies class, but when he turned to leave, I gave him the fastest, most passionate kiss that I was capable of and he walked off to his class a little bemused.

When I walked into the classroom door, my heart rate picked up, Sara was in this class too? How many damn classes did I have with her?

"Why hello Katheren." She said my name as if it was the worst curse she could think of. I was pretty sure that it wasn't, not even close.

"Hello Sara," I said, faking brightness. "I was wondering if we could meet up Wednesday...." To end this once and for all, I finished in my head.

She smirked and I had to fight to keep from showing the shivers that ran down my spine. "Sure," her voice was high, excited. "One o'clock in the morning Kelsey Creek Park, you now, in the woods behind your house, does that sound good for you?" Her vice was way too quiet for anyone but my to catch the specific words that she said, but the tone almost made it sound like it was totally harmless.

She knew where I lived?! "Okay."

"Great, see you there. Don't be late, or I will have to come and find you and if some people just happen to be in between you and I, well let's just say that I won't take responsibility to what happens to them."

Shit! I took a deep breath and then said, "I'll be there."

"What was that all about?' Sabrina asked when I took my seat beside her on the opposite side of the room.

What do I tell her? "Nothing Bri, just a truce."

"Really?" she asked in disbelief.