Mr. Perfect

First day of school in a new place. Yep, today I had an even greater reason to hate Monday's.

"'Forest Hills High'" I mumbled to myself as my mom drove me to school. "Sounds like a school full of preps and jocks." I said glancing out the window. The sky was grey and the air was wet, it was pretty obvious it was going to rain soon.

"Honey, I know this is hard for you, but please try your hardest to make the best of it. We're all learning how to adjust..." That last sentence came out quietly and I instantly knew she was referring to my dad. He'd been a touchy subject since we left Utah. I didn't blame my mom for not wanting to talk about him, neither of us did. It hurt too much...

I pushed the ugly memory aside as we pulled up to an airport.

At least it looked like one.

No, apparently it was a school. My school. "You're going to have a great day, alright? Make some friends." My mom said lovingly as she placed her delicate hand over mine. I starred ahead at the many other people walking around the campus. "Please, Olivia..." I turned to her and gave her a small smile.

"Thanks, mom."

"I love you!" She yelled as I stood up out of our small four-door Chevy cobalt. I leaned down to give her a smile.

"Love you more, momma." And with that I shut the door and slowly turned to face the beast behind me.

Ah. High school. One of the many complexities of the world. It's halls filled with confused, hormonal teenagers spreading secrets about one another. It definitely wasn't my first choice on my list of places I'd rather be. I walked nervously through the front doors. The first thing I see is an eight foot copper statue of a grizzly bear.

'The Grizzly Bear is Forest Hill's Symbol of Strength, Power, and Bravery'

Huh. Guess I'm a 'grizzly bear' now. Better than the Lake Point dragonflies. As much as I missed my old school in Utah, I didn't miss the embarrassment that came attached to our mascot. I mean really! Who ever thought the "dragonflies" would be a good mascot needs a reality check. But I guess out with old and in with the new, right?

"Admiring the mighty grizzly bear, huh?" I heard a cheery voice say from behind me. I turned around to see a stunning girl. She looked like she could be a model; tan skin, blonde hair, green eyes, and it looked like she was in great shape. She wore a white and blue Victoria's Secret PINK half zip with black leggings and white high top converse. She had her hair down in long beach waves and she wore glasses that framed her giant eyes perfectly. It's safe to say I suddenly felt a tad bit insecure looking at myself compared to her. "Are you new here?" She asked still smiling holding a binder and text book against her chest.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Olivia, it's my first day." I said returning the smile.

"I'm Leia!" Just then, the school bell rang signaling for everyone to get to their first period. I began to stress out internally because I had no clue where I was going. "What class do you have first?" I struggled trying to find my schedule in my bag. Finally I found it in a side pocket; I uncrumpled it and scanned it over.

"Oh! Uh- Spanish with Sentana?"

"No way! Me too! We can walk together!" She said linking her arm with mine. She was so chipper and full of pep. We definitely were different but I was so grateful to have someone to help me get through this day. I had a feeling we were going to be good friends.

-

"Riley?"

"Here."

"Isabelle?"

"Here."

"Cody?"

"Wish I wasn't..."

"Don't we all, Mr. Daniels." The teacher responded without missing a beat. "Olivia?"

"...here..." I said quietly while half-raising my hand, trying not to call too much attention to myself.

"Olivia? Olivia Bowen?" He repeated scanning the room.

"Here," I said a little louder. I raised my eyes when the teacher's eyes suddenly locked onto mine. I don't know why but I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

Oh wait, I know why; HE WAS GORGEOUS. He had a tall, muscular build with broad shoulders. His face had such a beautiful structure; his eyes were a greenish-blue and his jawline, which had a little stubble could cut diamonds. His brown hair was shaped perfectly. I felt myself starring back at him for a little longer than normal. "You're new to the school, Olivia?" Oh my gosh. I about melted when he said my name. His voice was deep and husky. I'm pretty sure I looked like a tomato at this point.

"Yeah, I just barely moved here from uh- Lake Point, it's um. It's in Utah." I said fumbling over my words.

He nodded and smirked. "Well, welcome to the class, make sure to stay a couple minutes after to get the disclosure statement, alright?" He was smiling at me and of course his teeth were perfect.

"Okay, thank you." I said smiling back. I eventually had to look down at my desk; his eyes were intense, like he was always curious. I couldn't hold a stare like he could, but I definitely didn't mind a man like him giving me attention.

"Geez, what was that?!" Leia nudged me with her elbow as she took the seat next to me.

"What are you talking about?" I said feeling my face cool down. Mr. Sentana was now at his desk clicking at something on his computer.

"You and Mr. Sentana! You two were basically having eye-sex there for a minute! It was kinda weird." She said a little too loudly. And what the hell is eye-sex?! This girl was definitely not like anyone I knew at Lake Point.

"Leia! Be quiet!" I looked over to see if Mr. Sentana's attention had shifted to us; thankfully he was still caught up in his computer. "It was nothing, besides he's my teacher. There's definitely nothing going on."

Right? Right. He might be hot as hell, but he's your teacher.

"Sure... All I'm saying is that I've been going to this school for four years and he's never looked at any of us girls like that. Trust me, we've tried. I mean look at him. He's like a god." She said fawning over him. I rolled my eyes and began working on my assignment. But not before glancing up one more time at him, and sure enough, he was staring right back.

__________________________

Thank you to whoever is taking the time to read through my first chapter! If you like it please add it to your library and favorite it and I will continue to update the story regularly! Also leave comments on your thoughts and suggestions for me! Thanks again!