"You matter"

I dreamt another oneshot CamelotAndAlbion, and I promised you one, so here it is. ;)

Kieren's P.O.V.
I wake up screaming from another nightmare. Gentle arms are immediately there, surrounding my shoulders. I catch sight of a still sleepy and startled Simon quickly reaching out for the lamp near the sofa, trying to turn on the light and at the same time not leaving contact with me. As the warm light invades the room he holds me closer. "Shh it's okay, it was only a nightmare, calm down", he says, as I snuggle up in his embrace still breathing hard. He always has this calming effect on me, everything becomes lighter when he's around. It takes him just a gentle touch and few words to make me believe nothing is ever too bad. His presence has the power to give me strength, defying both my anger and fear. I close my eyes as to hide from the reality, from the world that caused me so much pain, and lean on Simon's shoulder, clinging on him and his soft jumper. He kisses my head and a warm sensation spreads through my cold body. I lift my head, he strokes the dry ghosts of the tears on my cheek with a thumb, his piercing gaze always glued on me. He has so many mixed emotions in those deep eyes. "You're thinking I'm mental, aren't you? If you get up and leave, I won't blame you. Shit, I'm so good at ruining things. I've always fucked up and lost every good thing that has showed up in my life." I say.
He keeps staring at me, then he half smiles, get closer and kisses me. He pulls back to enjoy my confused expression. "Remember I once told you that I had this idea in my head, this piercing notion that life is completely meaningless. I think I found a purpose for this life. And it involves you. Actually, it is you, Kieren Walker. So from now on I'm going to convince you that you matter and you're wonderful, and I won't leave until I succeed. I will stay with you 'till you want me to, no one leaving anyone, no more feeling alone." Now it's my turn to stare at him, completely wordless. I must look rather ridiculous, 'cause Simon laughs slightly and hugs me. I hug him back tightly, whispering a "Thank you" in the crook of his neck, hoping that those two little words will do to express all the genuine gratitude I feel toward him.