Chapter 1

^^Nina above^^

~Nina Rodriguez~

Waking up was usually a problem for me. As i'm sure it is for everyone else. Combining the blinding light and the annoying ring of the alarm, it doesn't take a genius to figure out why. But today, I woke up on the first sound of the alarm because for the first time in eternity, i couldn't wait to start my day. Mainly because to day was my birthday! And the day my father gave me the opportunity to go looking for a job! Which, by the way, i have been looking forward to since my 17th birthday. For your information, i am turning 23 today.

Anyway my name is Nina Tracy Rodriguez and i'm currently living in Cambridge, U.K, well temporarily anyway. Because my father is a very wealthy owner of the worlds largest restaurant chain, we moved to Britain to open another addition to the other numerous restaurants he has. As much as he is very wealthy, i don't take much pride in his wealth and i have great interest in getting my own job.

I got out of my huge king sized bed and as my feet touched my soft, plush carpet, i tripped over my own feet and my face plummeted to the ground. Groaning, i pushed myself up and made my way to my full sized mirror in the corner of my grand room and instantly cringed at the horrendous sight in front of me. I usually thought of myself as okay looking with my skinny but curvy body, long legs, waist- length brown hair, big electric blue eyes shining with innocence, round face with a button nose and full red lips and my tanned skin with little to no blemishes in sight. However, seeing as i just woke up, my hair looked like i just suffered an electric shock, my skin was mismatched and my lips where dried and cracked.

Yawning, i grabbed my birthday outfit that i bought just for this day from my walk-in closet and laid it out on my bed. It consisted of my high-waisted leather skater skirt, with a leopard print tight crop top and a pink blazer. My shoes were black combat boots with 3 inch heels.

Going into the con-joined bathroom, i turned on the shower and stripped from my current silk pajamas. After i finished showering, shaving and shampooing, i wrapped a towel around my hair and body and stepped out of the bathroom only to be stopped in shock.

A scream escaped from my lips as i saw my dad and mom sitting on my bed with a birthday cake and a gift in their hands. "Happy Birthday Nina!" they screamed in unison. A smile creeped its way unto my lips as i ran over to them, still in my towel, and gave my parents a huge hug. "Thank you!" I screamed into their ears as i pulled away. Now i was basically jumping on the balls of my feet due to my extreme excitement.

"Come on, blow the candles out and make a wish."

Sometimes i think that they treat me like i'm such a kid but there was one time i complained and my parents blew up on me saying something about how i will always be their little girl and i am their only child so they have every right to spoil me. From that moment onward, i decided to not complain and to just go along with it. I blew the candles out as i closed my eyes and wished for what i have been wishing for basically every single birthday of my life. For a great job and for me, my friends and my family to be happy.

Staring at the box in my mom's hand, i said, "So...what did you get me this year?"

"Oh honey i'm sure this is the best gift so far. You are going to love it!" my mom said as she handed me the box. Unwrapping it, i was just going through all the possibilities in my head. Well it could be that new dress i saw at the mall. Or that car I've always wanted. Opening the box, i squealed in delight and jumped on my dad. Luckily he caught be in time. It certainly was the best gift ever. It was a car key, the dress i wanted and the phone i always desired.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!!"

"Honey don't forget you are still wet so you're kind of soaking me up.."

"Sorry...i didn't mean to."

He smiled cheekily as he said, "I'm sure you didn't. Anyway I'm going to leave you to get ready so you can go down and see your new car."

"Okay daddy."

After they left the room, i towel dried my hair and curled it to soft curls. I put on my clothes and put eyeliner to make my eyes pop. I also added some lip gloss to make my lips look fuller than they are. I sprayed some perfume and left the room.

A/N Hey guys. So this is my first story and I am really looking forward to it. Vote, comment and share please.