6th Grade School Crush

*5 years ago*

11 years of age

"Maa I don't want to got school" I said looking down so she don't suspect anything.

"Is there something you want to tell me Bonita how's school?" I bit my lip holding back the tears which was overflowing but didn't spill out.

"It's fine I'm just tired that's all" I said shrugging like nothing was wrong.

"Well then, you'd have to attend school it seems like your tired all the time so I'd have to ask your teacher to give you afternoon naps, ok?. You have too understand Bonita school education is muy importante, si?"

"Si ma i understand" I said fiddling with my nails.

"Come let me brush your hair you don't want to go to school looking like a bush rat, si?" I giggled shaking my head.

She groomed my blonde hair putting it in two ponytails

I sighed another day of hell I thought.

My mum grabbed my backpack handing over which contained my lunch and pocket money knowing it will be stolen by the ending of the day I sighed and left the pocket money on the table it was useless anyway.

My mum grabbed my hands in a rush and pulled me too her car unlocking the car door so I can get in at the back. She held it wide for me gesturing me in to car I stood there for several seconds debating on whether I should run or go to hell.

I sighed and go into the hauling my self up, I wasn't the tallest.

My mum got in the front, she looked through the rear view and smiled at me "everything's gonna be ok Bonita things will get tough but never give up, ok? For me princess"

I gave her a weird look but nodded my head "si mammy"

**

She dragged me as quick as could out the car, rushing me towards reception.

"Can you take my Bonita to class please?" My mum said with a pleading tone

"Sure" the reception lady gave a genuine smile looking at me adoration. She was nice for a reception lady you know.

"Thank you thank you" my mum bend down her knees giving me one kiss on each cheek.

"I love you baby ill see you soon be good for mammy ok?"

"Noooo mum I want you too stay pleaaase"I said tugging on her skirt.

"No princess I must get to work am incredibly late" I sobbed a little letting her go. If she don't go work no money.

She kissed me for the final time "goodbye princess and be good remember what I said in the car" she said giving me a stern look

"And oh please take care of her"she glanced at receptionist.

"Will do"the receptionist smiled down at me.

"Be good little one" and that's when her figure left the hallway

Why did i felt that was a farewell? A goodbye forever.

I just stared as pretty brown hair disappeared into darkness..

My mum was killed by her boss which was surprisingly my "papi", it was either her or me. He was living as a drug addict he never lived with us thank god but.. Mum had to work for him or he'd come and make our lives pretty much hell.

Its like I could hear the pleading cries as my farther took the gun and shot my mum in the head 3 times and twice in the heart.

After the tragic accident I was sent to live with my grandparents where I was sent to Roseville Middle School yeah I was in 6th grade.

.

**

At lunch time I was sat in the far end of the playground reading a book. When I saw a shadow appear over me. I closed my book giving the most crudest face ever I could muster. "No I DON'T HAVE NO MONEY LEAVE ME ALONE"

"don't worry I'm not here to steal your money"

I looked up staring at the most handsomest boy I've seen in this middle school and I'm not even being dramatic. He gave the most cockiest grin. I realised I was staring him mouth opened. Dribble was about spill if I didn't close it.

"Finished staring at this fine piece of meat"

"Don't get yourself flattered the only thing I'm staring at is egoistic cocky eyed boy who disturbed me from my reading" I said opening to the page I stopped continuing resuming reading ignoring what's he's name existence. I was a pottymouth i read way too much books.

"Haha why are you here come and play"

It took me time to decide but I finally caved in agreeing to play "it" apparently it's a game where you run to a player and tag them shout out "it" then run away. I thought it was stupid but I still joined anyway

"Hey guys this issss uh what's your name" I soon as he said that all eyes were on me.

I looked down kicking a few rocks here and there

"Dominique"

"Huh?"

"Dominique!" I said much louder lifting my face my blue ones connecting with he's clear crystals green ones.

He came close to me making stand stiff no one ever came this close to me when I mean this I mean kids.

"Your it" he tapping me roughly then running this means I was meant to run off to someone and tag them. Hm but who? The boy who tagged me has already sped off. There was this boy like a metre who was sticking he's tongue at me, why not. I sped after him not knowing one of the kids left their shoe in the middle of the playground was shoe in my way. Stupid kidsz.

...even though I'm one myself but whatever.

I felt my self fly across the air grazing my body against hard pebbly floor. Ouch. So embarrassing I looked up to find everyone laughing, pointing fingers calling out" haha". I was so embarrassed I hid my face. Hotness filled my cheeks I was blushing! I never blush not Dominique!

Maybe because my crush was laughing too

Was that concern I see in he's eyes

Nah

Let me just keep my head down and eyes close maybe every body would go away.. I mean disappear

"Are you okay" I felt a nudge towards my shoulder. I looked up and it was that handsome boy again, he gave me an amused smile but didn't laugh to what I was quite grateful for anyways.

I did a half smile at him "yeah sure"

"I got you this I hope it makes you feel better" he then bent down and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

My mouth was agape what when and how. Currently happy dancing mentally but outside I was cool, calm and collected.

This is a new I thought and I kinda like it.........Having a friend

He winked at me then swaggered down the fields. I watched after him questioning my self why couldn't I be as confident as him.

I just stared at him dreamily sighing.
For a 11 year old I was quite the fangirler if that even made sense

From then on i had a crush on...? What's he's name oh crap yup I forgot to ask him.

Authors note rewrote this so many times unhappy with my prologue

Vote share comment not writing till then

-D 💋