The Prince

Dedicated to: The girls who will never find a Prince Charming...you always have Xander. (Or, at least I do.)

Chapter One: Meeting Xander Falls

"What up bitches?" I ask and take a seat in my swivel chair. My parents let out a groan.

"Xander Calix Windsor, crown Prince of Falls, that's no way to address your mother and father!" My mother scolds, her blue eyes blazing with disapproval. But I see dad chuckling and spinning around in his swivel chair like a five-year old. She shoots him a look and he stops, clearing his throat.

"Calm down Belle, the boy's a teenager. He's allowed a cuss every now and then." Dad rolls his eyes when he thinks mom isn't looking. But she was. She always is.

"Daniel, you know that if the future King of Falls swears in front of the wrong people at the wrong-"

"Hey, hey." I try to soothe my seething mother. "Won't happen again, sorry."

"Anyways, Xander, this meeting is important-" Mom sighs.

"As is every meeting." I mumble, hoping she didn't hear, but dad chuckles, so I know he heard.

"We need to open up relations with more countries. They will be venturing to Falls, whereas you will be going to the great land of...America." Dad concludes, the skin beside his deep brown eyes crinkling as he grins at me. "It's quite... different there, not as many plants, little to no cheetahs, and they have this wonderful place called McDonalds, you won't believe the amount of calories they can put in a salad!"

"Will there be hot girls?" I ask, grinning. My mother looks like she's about to blow her top.

"The very finest of ladies, my good son." Dad replies.

"Then I'm in!"

"If you men are finished with your vulgar slang," she crinkles her nose, "we move into the matter of disguise, guards and security." I groan. Not this bodyguard business again.

"I'm perfectly capable of defending myself!" I argue, but my dad shoots me a warning look.

"Last time you 'defended' yourself, you set a building on fire!" She exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

"Accident!" I protest.

"What about the jellyfish incident?" She raises a brow.

"I don't make false threats Mother. I told them if they didn't get the hell-"

"Language!"

"-away from me then the jellyfish would sting their balls. No regrets." I shrug, trying not to infuriate her any more. But with the look that crosses her regal features almost makes me want to take it back. Almost.

"Xander, that's it! Now, I thought I could assign you five and that would be all, but you're pushing my buttons so that's ten now!" She gives me a steely glare. I look over to Dad, who's occupied by humming a song.

"Dad! The jellyfish was a perfectly good use of self defence! Would you have preferred me not to defend myself?" He pretends not to hear me. He loves mom, but when she gets like this...there's nothing you can do about it. Her way or the highway.

"Fine." I grumble, annoyed. "What about Liz?"

"Elizabeth." She smiles, glad for the change of topic. "will be travelling with me to Italy for six months." Pity my poor sister, being trapped with the monster for six months.

"So Dad's coming with me to 'Murica?" I ask, surprised. Usually my mother would forbid these kind of adventures.

My dad is basically an older version of me. Since I don't have any brothers, we're partners-in-crime, trouble-makers and schemers. My dad, King of Falls, had helped me set a building on fire, rearrange a Times Square billboard, release a cage full of monkeys and so much more. Hate to admit it, especially since it makes me sound like a pussy, but he's my best friend.

"Yeah, I am. The best three weeks of your life, spent with yours truly." Dad smirked.

"I'll visit, so you hooligans better not get in any trouble!" The mask as Queen of Falls has disappeared for a moment, leaving my mom, in one of her better moments.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah." Dad waves his hand. "Okay, no jellyfish to the balls."

She grins, rolling her eyes. "I guess I didn't tame your bad boy ways completely."

Eurgh. Dad being a badass, cool. Mom changing dad from being a badass, disgusting. I don't think I'll ever let a girl do that to me. I mean, take me as I am, or don't have me at all. (Which would honestly suck for you, I mean, have you seen me? I'm gorgeous.)

"When do we leave?" I ask, trying to switch the subject before she recounts their high school stories again. I don't need to sit through another round of "and then we kissed" for very obvious reasons. Their PDA is enough for me, thank you very much. 

Besides, Mom tends to be overly descriptive in ways that I don't even like to think about.

"We haven't even figured out security details!" Mom protests. "Sit your bottom down Xander. There's still a lot more to explain." And she starts blabbering on about safety, blah blah, no poison ivy in the undergarments, blah, don't pretend to deal drugs, giving them coca-cola instead of coke, because remember when that guy got mad-

"I've got the poison oak in the car." Dad whispers to me, while she rambles on about the absurd security measures assigned to a CIA-trained agent.

"I have the Peruvian cheese. How the hell did you get the oak in the car without her noticing?" I say this between clenched, smiling teeth, and mom is talking so loud I doubt she hears.

"Can't spill all my secrets, can I son?" He smiles deviously as he winks, "and whoever said that an old dog can't learn new tricks?"

+++++++++++++++++

Vote and comment if you liked it!:)