A New Life (Chap. 23) (A Witch Love Story)

~~~Katheren's P.O.V.~~~

It was easy to slip out of the house and into the woods. "Lumière," I whispered and a soft orb of blue light appeared in my open palm. My hand was shaking so much that the light wasn't even that much help. I wasn't exactly sure where I was going, so I followed my gut and went the very way that every fiber of my being was telling me to get the hell way from.

I heard laughter and my heart stopped and then adrenaline started to rush though my system. I looked above me to see Sara dressed in all back sitting almost catlike on a branch in the tall oak next to me. "Hello Whitney," she growled, using my last name instead of my first. "It's nice to see you actually showed up; too bad you won't be leaving."

"Let's get this straight bitch." I was surprised at how even and contemptuous my voice sounded despite the face that I felt like I was going to be sick from how terrified I was. "You are going to leave my friends alone, this is just between us."

"Oh sure," she laughed, "I only want Daren, I never cared about the rest of them, you were worrying over nothing. I almost had him too. I was slowly weaving a binding spell on your little boyfriend. But then you showed up and ruined all of the progress that I had made, oh and don't worry, after you are out of the picture, making Daren mine will be so easy."

"Who said I was going to die?" My voice sounded sure that I wasn't, I wish that I could ensure that I wouldn't.

She laughed a laugh that no sane person could ever manage. "You'll find out," she hissed then yelled something that I think was in Latin and the ground began to shake.

Roots sprouted from the ground and started to wrap themselves around my lags. I screamed and tried to run, but they were much faster, there was nowhere to go. In a matter of seconds, every part of my body was encased in tree roots except for my head.

"Still think that you aren't going to die?" She walked over to where I was trapped and ran her fingers along the gnarled bark. "This is quite comical, don't you think? They were looking for you, the other warlock's and I just happen to stumble into to you by accident then you come willingly to your death.

"By the end of this week, all of the moonlight coven's heirs will all be dead." She laughed again when she saw that my struggling had temporarily stopped. "You honestly didn't know? Oh, your grandparents, you see, are the coven masters of the moonlight coven of witches. And with your mother dead and you soon to follow in her footsteps, when we kill those old hags too, the witches will have no one to turn to and it will be so easy to take them all out. Just think about it, you'll be the cause of death for hundreds of people."

"They will find a new leader before you get to them."

"Oh, no, that's where you'd be surprised, witches are very picky when choosing their leaders, they don't let just anyone be coven master even temporarily. It will be so much fun to kill them, so easy, like a game."

"Asshole," I muttered and my bindings tightened.

Sara sighed suddenly. "I was hoping that you would put up more of a fight, than your mother did, she surrendered as soon as we said that if she fought we would kill you. I thought that this would be more fun," she sighed dramatically again, "but no, I guess being pusillanimous runs in the family. Oh well, I guess I will have to end this without having any run, I mean, I do have to look god for when I am comforting Daren after they find your body, you what's left of it."

She raised her hand and there was a ball of fire in it. "Now I am going to what they did in Salem: burn you alive witch," she said then threw the fireball at the wood that surrounded me.