Chapter One: Coral

It was chasing me. I couldn't help but scream. I kept running and screaming. I refused to look back, scared of what I might see.

"Coral!" A male voice screamed in my ear. "Coral, wake up!" I shot up in my bed. I was alone but I knew that voice. My heart rate began to slow back to normal.

"Wow. OK. Massive nightmare." I said to myself. I looked over at the clock. 2:36 am. Great. There was no chance I was going back to sleep. I walked downstairs, careful not to wake my mom. I made it to the kitchen with no trouble. I saw a light on in the kitchen. I had just walked past my moms room. She was in a deep sleep. Who the hell was in my kitchen?

I picked up an umbrella and held it, ready to fight for my life. It wouldn't be the first time. I've been attacked by monsters before. When I was young, it never use to happen. Ever since I turned 12 (2 years ago) I have been chased after by every monster you can think of. I don't know why they follow me or where they come from, but I apparently ticked someone off. Just who that someone is, I would love to get to talk to them.

I took another step closer to the kitchen and heard a very strange noise. Clip. Clop. Clip. Clop. It sounded like there was a horse in my kitchen. I got a better grip on the umbrella and took a few more steps towards the kitchen. I heard a goat bleating and nearly screamed. My heart was racing. I heard the cabinets slam shut and a voice speak.

"Dear gods, Grover. Calm down." It said. I made it to the kitchen entry way and nearly fainted. Standing in my kitchen eating a box of cereal (and I mean box. He literally was just eating cardboard.) was a half-man, half-goat, thing. He was wearing a multi-colored Rastafarian cap and paid no attention to me. Well, until I dropped the umbrella. He turned on my suddenly. I couldn't contain it any longer. I screamed.