Junk Yard Jazz

Tugger was used to seeing the sleek black cat roaming around. What he wasn't used to was the limp. Misty, as Tugger liked to call him, was dirty and looked tired. He didn't like the looks of that. He'd seen many a Jellicle cat's show up like that, including himself but no, Misty's owners would never let him go around like that. Tug slunk down from his roost to meet Misty at the entrance. He for once did not notice the stares by his chasers. Instead he only worried as Mistoffelees meandered into the yard.

"Mist for goodness sake what happened to you?!" Tug yelped dragging him off to the side.

Mistoffelees only looked up with cold hurt eyes. He teared up eyes glistening and with a soft voice he whispered, "they left without me..."

Tugger for once wished he had thumbs so he could collect a gun and send a few rounds into every person who abandoned Misty. He only hugged Mistoffelees as best he could.

"Come on let's go clean you up, I'll find room in my house for you. Don't you worry about a thing" Tug declared and bound his way to the car climbing in through the shattered glass before landing on upholstery.

He heard a grunt then down Misty tumbled. He landed with a noise of discomfort. Tug dug through the back of the car before finding things to clean Misty with. Before long he had tided his friends fur. He was currently licking it into place as Mistoffelees tried to sleep.

"Tugger?" The groggy voice of his friend mumbled.

"Yes?"

"Thank you"

Tugger could only smile as Mistoffelees drifted off slowly. Tugger really did care about Misty, maybe a bit to much. He heard a clearing of the throat and looked up, Munkustrap stood on the window.

"Yes?" Tugger purred as he nursed Misty.

"The others told me you drug Mistoffelees off this way, why?"

"Well the poor guy got left by his family, I did your job for you, I gave him a new home. There's plenty of room for us both"

"Yes I would say so too, I'll bring you both dinner, we'll be eating soon"

Tugger took a breath of relief and continued licking Misty. Mistoffelees seemed calm and without the mud he looked like a happy Tom. Tugger was thankful for that and didn't mind taking care of his friend.

At one point Tugger dozed off and woke to soft giggling of the female variety. One golden eye flicked open and Tugger found Mistoffelees was kneading his chest. Tugger looked at Misty seeing he was still asleep, it filled him with relief but also filled him with the smallest amount of disappointment. He looked up to meet the eyes of Rumpleteaser. She was smiling at them then leapt off surely to spread rumors. For some reason, Tugger didn't care. Munkustrap leapt inside holding two mice in his large maw.

"Thank you, I couldn't imagine leaving him when he's like this"

"Don't leave him, it's hard on any cat. Now eat your food it's still warm"

Tugger ate his only recently killed rat then woke Mistoffelees to eat as well. Munkustrap watched them as Misty ate slowly Tugger gazing upon the tuxedo cat. Soon Misty had laid down once again cuddled up to Tugger.

"I think he's cold" Tugger explains.

"I think he wants some love" Munku says.

Tugger looked up at his elder and Munku smiled gently before disappearing out the window. Now what did Munku mean by that? Certainly Misty didn't want to mate with him. Mates didn't work that way! He snapped out of his thoughts when Mistoffelees drew closer to him. Once more paws kneaded at Tugger's chest. He sighed and let Mistoffelees knead as he licked Mistoffelees' head. The black cat purred weakly.

"Don't you worry my pretty little tux" he crooned.

Mistoffelees' eyes caught the glint of the moon first when he awoke. It reflected through the glass which spread it lighting some of the seat. All he needed to see was Tugger's chest against his face the cat curled around him. He smiled a bit and got up quietly looking down at his wounded paw. It was bound with what...Tugger had bound his wound with his collar and cloth. That was touching. Misty stretched pushing his haunches up and chest down.

He could hear the sounds of cats practicing the routines for the ball. How was he supposed to sleep through such a racket. He climbed to the dash of the car peering down at the cats listening to the rhythm his back haunches bouncing a bit and soon he had kicked up onto his back feet and danced around like his owner had taught him.

He twirled and bounced enjoying himself thoroughly. He soon caught him singing to a tune he learned to call the junkyard jazz. He found the rhythm and sang out lyrics that made no sense to anyone but himself as he patted his paws to the rhythm. He didn't realize the racket he was making until Tugger raised his head and caught the tux's attention. Mistoffelees suddenly tucked his paws under him and crouched embarrassed. Tugger only smiled at him and got up shaking himself.

"C'mon we can go dance down with the others" Tugger offered.

"I don't have anything to practice though"

"Pfft, you can sing my song then and we can sing yours"

Mistoffelees looked up hopefully and bounded after Tugger into the moonlit clearing.