Chapter 1

*Click
*Click
*Click

These were the sounds that were involved in Karlie's job. She hated the sound of the camera clicking, it reminded her of how she disrupted these innocent people's lives. What choice did she have? Moving to New York wasn't cheap and she couldn't find work anywhere else.

Karlie heavily regretted going into that bar that night. She wouldn't have met Mr. Kushner, who later became her boss. It was early in his business and he was looking for anyone to work for him. Karlie just happened to be in his line of sight at just the right time, or in her case, the wrong time.

Karlie was pulled from her thoughts as she saw the celebrity she was sent to photograph. Lady Gaga walked along with her rumored husband, Taylor Kinney. Oh, bonus! Mr. Kushner will be stoked that I papped Taylor too. Karlie thought. She snuck up in a bush and began to take her pictures.

She saw Lady Gaga furrow her brow when she heard the clicks of the camera

She saw Lady Gaga furrow her brow when she heard the clicks of the camera. Taylor had a similar reaction. The second Karlie saw and captured their matching rings, she knew she was going to be commended for this. Karlie followed them along at an allowed distance until she heard the flamboyant woman whisper.

"I hate all these fucking paparazzi."

At that point, Karlie felt enough shame to run off. She wasn't the type of pap to shout things at the celebrities, she had more dignity than that. The thing she couldn't stand the most was being called a paparazzi. It was like an explicit word to her ears.

--------------------------------------

"Mr. Kushner? I got the pics you wanted." Karlie said nonchalantly as she brought the camera over to her boss' desk. She hoped to surprise him with the unexpected appearance of Taylor Kinney.

"Ah, I see her 'husband' tagged along. Excellent. Nice work, Kloss." Mr. Kushner stated while he clicked through the photos on the camera.

"I even see a ring! Perfect! Big bucks for this one, Kloss."

"Thank you. When do you think the money will come in? I have to pay rent by the end of the week."

"Wow, greedy are we?" He asked with a smirk. Karlie rolled her eyes knowing he had something to tell her.

"I mean, I need the money..." Karlie dragged on, hoping that Mr. Kushner would soften up.

"I know you do. Listen, I have a job for you that will exceed the pay of these photos by millions."

Karlie raised her eyebrows in surprise. Did she hear him right? Did he actually say millions? What on earth could he be talking about?

"What's the job?" She asked. Her hands began to sweat as she anxiously awaited an answer.

"It's going to sound crazy, but you need to hear me out, okay?"