Chapter 1

*****************

 I couldn't help myself from looking at the poster that was plastered on my wall. Just one more year until I could finally join L.L.L Camp. Which stands for Live, Laugh and Love Camp. Pretty Tacky name for it, but there are just so many activities in the camp like dancing, singing, cooking, sports, music, etc. How can I concentrate doing my homework when, like, everyone at the school is talking about it! It's just the BIG DEAL! Ok,  ok, ok... maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. My parents didn't even hesitate about me wanting to go. They said that it is a great opportunity for me to be outdoors. I was about to say that I AM always outdoors, but I didn't want to start an argument with them again. 

"Ivy! Your friend Monica has arrived. I have to go buy some groceries, so you're in charge." explained mom, as she headed for the door.

"NO FAIR!!! Why is IVY always in charge!?" whined my little sister Evelyn. I stuck my tongue at her as she stomped her way to her bedroom. I heard the door open and assumed Monica was coming to my bedroom. She opened the door and did our somewhat silent hand shake.... which is just jazz hands. :P

"Hey Ivy! What's the haps, player?" she asked as she plopped herself on my bed.

"Huh??? What's the haps, player? What does that mean?" I asked, totally confused.

"It means, What's new? Something new and trendy everyone says now, you know!" She smirked. "Except you!"

"That's cuz I don't care about what's new and trendy." I rolled my eyes at her and threw my pillow at her. "ANYWAYS! Are you going to L.L.L Camp? Please tell me you're going! I don't want to go without my best, funny, sweet friend." 

She stared down at the floor and didn't say anything. I KNEW she couldn't go. She would never go to something that's expensive as $600 for registration, but I thought she would go since it was our biggest dream to go there since we were 5. And due to how much her closet is worth, it actually would seem like she could go...

*********************

" You know I can't Ivy. I don't have the money!" she said.

"I know. It's just that I thought you would go because your parents would let you go anywhere you want. But since you don't- WAIT! Why don't you find a job? You just turned 16 last week! You could get a job and start saving up to go to the camp!!!!" I exclaimed.

"Hey... that's not a bad idea! I just have to start finding a job and- WHAT AM I DOING HERE BLABBERING!?!? I got to go find a job NOW!!!!" She quickly hurried down the stairs, probably giggling to herself, as always. "See you LATER!!!" She yelled as she left. I shook my head and laughed. Monica is such a hard worker, and yet her parents can't even find a job for themselves. Monica does this and that for people so she could save up some money for her clothes, makeup, medications, and books. And she eats at her boyfriend's house, Ryan, so she doesn't really have to save up some money for food. Monica and Ryan are so perfect for each other. How could love as sweet as that ever be ruined? Evelyn suddenly burst in my bedroom and started singing so off key, I wanted her to choke on her words. AUGHHHHH!!! 

" EVELYN! GET OUT!" I yelled as I stood up and fury began to build up in my system. She giggled as she sang her lungs out and she took something off my bed and hurried to her bedroom. Finally! Some peace and quiet. I locked my bedroom door in case she wanted to come back in and finished up my homework. Which took forever as I predicted, and looked at the clock. It was already 6:30 pm. And Mom and Dad haven't arrived home yet. It was awfully quiet in Eve's room so I went to have a peek on what she was doing. I tip-toed over and opened the door. But there was one problem. It was actually locked. I started banging the door, getting worried on what she was doing in there. Nothing usually calms her down unless she's on my phone playing her little kid game, Mythical Legends. MY PHONE!!!! What if she's looking through my contacts and- Oh no! 

"Hahahaha! You can't open my door! Hahaha!" Evelyn teased.

I ran to mom's room, took the key and opened the door. THAT LITTLE SNAKE! Evelyn was talking to someone on the phone and I couldn't take the phone, mostly because she would throw it to the ground and mom would have to buy another one. She seemed to not notice me, so I crawled to her.

 "Ivy is such a slob. Mom says so herself and if I compare her to myself, I'd say I am way neater than her.... NO! This is Evelyn!!!! Uh-oh.... hang on a sec...." Evelyn shot a dirty look, as if I were disrupting something very important. As if I were trying to take her phone! IT'S NOT EVEN HER PHONE!!! IT'S MY PHONE AND WHY IN THE WORLD IS SHE TELLING WHOEVER SHE IS TALKING TO MY PERSONAL BEESWAX!!! Eve disrupted the mini conversation I was having with myself."Uh-um!!! Can you go please?" she asked rudely.  I ran up to her with an angry look on my face."Why you little-" But she ran out. She ran outside,with my phone.

 "Ivy? What is Evelyn doing outside?" Mom asked as she came in a few seconds later. "MOM! Evelyn took my phone again and she's not giving it back!" I complained as I headed to the kitchen to help mom put the groceries away. Mom marched outside and closed the door hard. I went up to the window to watch the action. Mom glared at Evelyn as Evelyn put on her puppy face. And mom was not falling for it again. Eve knew it, too, so she ran away as mom followed after her. OMG! IT WAS SO FUNNY! Mom snatched away the phone, dragged her to the house and handed my phone to me. I was so relieved as I received it... that is, until I looked at the caller ID to see who my little sister was talking to. I nearly fainted, as the name repeated itself in my head as if it were haunting me. Jessica Jennings. The most popular, yet tattle tale snob. I couldn't believe my eyes.