Louis in Wonderland

Now on archiveofourown, username is the same.

Louis has always been a bit absentminded.

You'd be in the middle of a deep conversation and before you knew it, the boy would be in a daze. It had offended some, yes, and he would have to pull some excuse out of his ass to explain why he had more important things to think about than listening to whatever you had to say.

It used to just be innocent daydreaming, but Louis had started to see things, hear things. It was honestly a bit terrifying. No one seemed to really pay any mind to it, though. In their minds, it was just Louis being Louis. Because they weren't there when Louis would scream and scream, trying to get that horrible voice inside of his head to just magically fly out of his mouth. The voice didn't, though, and continued on with it's daily routine of scaring the shit out of Louis before bringing the poor boy down with insults.

There were some days that the Doncaster boy wouldn't mind the voice. It's retching pitch would turn into a soothing tone, letting him see good things that didn't really exist, but Louis' mind never registered that these things weren't real. It was somewhat like a child being told Santa or the Easter Bunny wasn't real when he did realize. He'd have fits and breakdowns because the only good things he saw that whole week weren't real, but never did he realize that the bad things weren't real. He never realized the demons and the paranormal would never hurt him physically, they just destroyed him emotionally. And that really sucked. Being twenty one, you would think he would know those things weren't real, but Louis' mind was quite fucked up. He, well, couldn't realize it.

Louis isn't absentminded. He's schizophrenic.