Sinner and the Sin (Demo)

His words, sick yet sweet. His eyes, honey, but freaked. His raspy voice draped with cigarette smoke. Every town has a guy like him. The Sinner.

You'd see him, day to day, getting his coffee, going to the barber for a shave, maybe at the movies with a soda pop in one hand and a cigarette in the other. He seems like the average Joe.

Here in my little town of Lucienville, we got a strong following of religion. This man, however, doesn't believe in such a thing. This is what stands out most in our town.

You gotta love God, follow Jesus Christ, fear Hell. Anything less, you might as well be a cannibal in Greece.

I thought of him like the rest of the town did. I thought he was the anti-christ. I thought he was the worst thing about life. I thought he would jump me at night with a switch blade and take my money.

I thought that, until he saved me.

"Stop!" I cried out. "Don't touch me!" I yelled. These sounds were all loud nothings to Father Gabriel.

His hands pushed up my shirt, grabbing me, squeezing me, choking me. I felt helpless.

"Please!" I begged him. "Don't-" I was silenced by his hand's tightening grip around my throat. I couldn't do anything.

"Get away from him!" He yelled. It was him. The Sinner.

Father Gabriel's hands loosened, but they remained firm.

He came running. He pushed Father away from me. He threw himself on top of the once holy man, and drew out a shining light from his leather jacket. A piece of heaven, god-sent.

It was a switch blade.

His hands raised above his head, then they shot down like God's smiting lighting. The blood of the priest was the thunder.

He stood up, the man I once thought of as the devil, became my guardian angel.

"Are you okay?" He said and held out his hand for mine. I suppose in the heat of the moment I fell.

I tried to speak, but my throat felt like it had locked itself in place. I nodded as I grabbed his hand to pull myself up.

He put my arm over his shoulder and walked me out of this tainted room. Memories of this night will live on forever, in my dreams, in my nightmares.

"Thank you." I spoke softly. My body felt so weak, I felt so weak.