Chapter One

“Alexa… Alexa my love…” a deep,familiar voice floated through the air.

                “Wait… who is that?” she whispered back, her voice echoing in the darkness. “Where are you?”

                “I’m here… I’m here you just need to look for me… you need to be with me Alexa, we belong together…”

                “How will I know where to find you? I don’t even know your name?!”

                “Yes you do… you know everything about me, and I you… we are soul mates Alexa, bound together… you just need to wake up…”

 A shrill shriek rang through the air, breaking Alexa from her dream and waking her up. The sun shined through the blinds of her bedroom and across her barely opened eyes. She angrily moved a pillow to rest against her face, groaning as she did so.

                “Alexa! I swear to God if you don’t get up in the next minute I’m coming up there with ice cold water to act as your new alarm clock!” Alexa heard her mum shout.

                “I hate mornings…” she mumbled. Shooting up in bed, and practically throwing her pillow against the wall of her room, Alexa cursed the day that someone decided mornings were a good idea. She stumbled out of bed, her feet wrapping themselves up in her duvet. “Son of a…!” Alexa’s ass hit the floor of her room first, painfully, and loudly. As Alexa lay there staring up at her ceiling, and briefly thinking it desperately needed a clean... her thoughts strayed to what was going to happen during the day. The pack was having a big bbq tomorrow, and as the pack chef (not an actual title, but something that the pack basically made up for her) she was in charge of making sure that all the food was good to go for almost 300 hungry wolves.

            "Alexa, hunny, the alpha wants to see you - something about having plenty of ribs tomorrow?" Alexa heard her dad say from behind her closed door.

               "Ribs? Seriously?!"

              "Yeah... do you really want to be the one who has to tell the Beta and his son that there aren't any of your honey and mustard ribs for them?"

              "Good point... alright I'll be out in a minute..."

           "Okay, I'll let him know. Your mum is making breakfast by the way, might want to make that minute half a minute..."

               Alexa felt her eyes widen dramatically, her mum cooking was never a good thing, let alone in the morning when everyone's mood was on edge. Alexa managed to untangle her legs from the deathtrap that was her sheets, and made her way to her ensuite bathroom to get ready.

            Once she'd done her morning routine, and changed into her chosen outfit of a tight white tank top, and dark denim dungarees, she made her way downstairs. She wasn't overly keen on wearing baggy clothes, having H cup breasts wasn't condusive to wearing baggy clothes. She had her shoulder length curly dark brown hair tied up in a messy bun, and her hazel eyes were partly hidden behind her thick rimmed glasses. As her feet made contact with the wooden flooring of the hallway between the kitchen and the living room, she heard a noise that made the hair on the back of her neck stand up.

             "Well good morning sleepy head!" her eyes slowly but surely made their way to the kitchen table, to a pair of blue eyes glinting happily back at her. Dominic, the beta's son and next in line for the title, was sat at her kitchen table, his hands clasped together in glee, and smiling bightly at her. "Your dad tells me you're about to start the ribs, I wanted to make sure they all my name on them!"