Chapter 1

*Relli's POV*
"Alright class, today we have a new student with us, his name is Relli. Care to tell us a little about yourself?" Was what my first period teacher said before I swiftly responded with "No". It'd only been a few minutes, and I was already tired of this new school and new neighborhood. I could never go anywhere without someone talking about how attractive I am or something about me that's "appealing". I'd grown so tired of it. Some other guys would probably grow conceited over the years or some other stupid shit, but not me. After hearing it for so long, it just angers me. All I really want is for one person that actually means something to me to say those things, and then it'll really mean something to me, or make me smile.

Then there's that issue. I'm gay. Nobody could ever guess, because everyone would probably expect me to be some pansy dude or whatever, but I guess I'm just different. Track is my life, and I've always been one of the guys. In fact, up to now nobody knows yet! I just hope that before I graduate I can find the one I can give my all to and just be there for forever. I dunno, maybe I'm just overthinking a little.

While in my thoughts I hadn't realized that the bell rang and I had to get out of the classroom. During my search for my next class, I bumped into a dense body, and once I looked there was a guy glaring at me, confused.

"You in a rush or something?" He said to me, stepping towards me. The first thing I could think of was how he looked - this boy was gorgeous. A nice, caramel, muscular specimen that was my height, with dark grey eyes and curly hair. I wanted so bad to kiss him, but that'd cause a fight.

"Dude, you all right?" He asked again, and I knocked the thoughts out of my mind as I struggled to find something to say. He simply chuckled and placed his hand on my shoulder.

"Alright, alright, don't give yourself a headache. What's your name, I'm new and could make some new friends"

"I'm Relli, but you can call me Rell" I responded, to which he smiled, revealing shiny white teeth and a subtle but noticeable dimple in his right cheek.

"I like that name, Rell. I'm CeFaan, but you can call me C". We shook hands and he looked at my schedule. Once he noticed that we had literally EVERY class together daily, we found our way to the next class, which was Anatomy.

Today, everyone was working on some sort of paired project, but since we were new the teacher handed us some handouts and told us we can read those to get up to speed.

Sitting in the back with C, he pulled out his phone, a photo of him running showing as his lock screen.

"You run track?" I asked him, a little more excited than I should've asked.

"Yeah, track is life boy"

"Big fact"

"You run too?" He looked up at me, surprised. The joy in his face made me want to grab his face and kiss him, but I had to play it cool till I popped the sex questions.

"Hell yeah, be runnin circles round niggas nowadays, y'know? I just love it" I responded, relaxing into my chair. It felt nice to actually talk with someone about your passion, especially when it's something mutual, so the excitement is returned.

Once the day ended, we rushed to the Athletic Director to get the papers we needed for this year, and before long I was driving him home. Turns out we also live next door, and before I knew it I was walking into his house and meeting his mother.

"It's very nice to meet you Rell, and so great to see you've made friends with CeFaan. I'm going out now for work but dinner's on the stove, so help yourself" she said with a smile before leaving through the front door, just myself and C in this big house.

Alone.