Adoption day

Mortisha had never been one to like people. She much preferred a book and a blanket. Her "friends" said that it was weird for them to say they had a friend no one could meet. Mortisha liked it this way. As the sun rose on another day, Mortisha looked out the window to see cars everywhere. Wow. What bribe did Mistress have to use this time? She sighed, hearing Mistress's voice over the intercom. "Attention girls and boys, today is adoption day. Please don't ruin this for me." She pleaded. Mortisha rolled her eyes and faced the wall near her bed where she sat. The doors were opened to let in what Mortisha called the "Pity Party." People who would walk past, sob at her story and move on. That's how it went until two men showed up at her door. "Moe, is it?" Said one of them. Mortisha turned around to see them and backed away in shock to see one of them had purple hair!! How odd. The other spoke in a British accent. She looked at them for two seconds before Purple hair started to speak. "You're Moe, right?" He asked. She nodded. The British one smiled. "We found her, Tyler." He said excitedly, "the daughter of our dreams." Mortisha blinked. What were they thinking?! Her? Their dream child? They must be joking. "Absolutely Marcus!!" Mistress spoke to them in her office, smiled, and looked at Mortisha with a smirk. When they all came out, Mistress said that purple hair and British boy were her parents. What the HECK?!?!