Winter froze the world

I reflect on my past every time I wake up. I think about how I got to where I am now. My name is Winter. I'm about 5'6" with short blond hair. I lived an average life in a small apartment with only my mother. I was just a simple high school student. One day in class, I was taking a test and the bell was about to ring and I was nowhere near finished. I just kept thinking "I need more time. I need more time. I need more time." I looked up from my test at the clock.
     The clock was frozen at 10:24. Literal seconds before the class ended, time just stopped around me. I looked around the room. Everything was still and quiet. People were motionless like the whole world around me was a picture. "This can't be real" I thought. I couldn't believe what was happening. I took the advantage to finish my test despite being confused and I took my time doing it. I looked up. Everything was still frozen around me. I closed my eyes thought to myself, "Fix this. Set things back to how they were before." and when I opened my eyes, everything was back to normal. 

     The bell rang and Mrs. Harrison told everyone to turn in their tests. I couldn't believe what just happened. I froze time out of nowhere. I couldn't believe it at all. I figured I made it up because of stress or something so I tried it again when I got into the hallways and to my surprise, it worked. People were motionless all around me. The birds I saw through the windows were frozen like a painting in the sky. I walked up the stairs to my science classroom. The people really were all frozen around me and it wasn't exactly easy to get by them on the stairs. I walked into my classroom and took my seat. I just kept thinking "This has to be a dream", but it wasn't a dream and if it was, I couldn't wake up.
     I unfroze time again and sound filled the halls once more. Mrs. Jones turned around and looked at me puzzled. "Hey Winter." She spoke. "You snuck in on me. I didn't hear you walk in." I realised that I could move freely without people knowing it while time is frozen. I went through the rest of my day not knowing what was going on or what to do with this new power. I walked home contemplating telling my mother about this new power i suddenly acquired. When I walked in, My mom was on the couch crying. "Winter," she spoke through tears "I just got back from my doctor's appointment. They told me I have stage two lung cancer. I don't know what i'm going to do. We can't afford the surgery I need and I don't have health insurance. It's fifteen thousand dollars. What am I going to do?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I wanted to cry but I knew there was no reason to with this power I now had. I hugged her and told her I would find a way to get the money. She looked confused but before she could say anything, I was gone. I was scared for my mother but I knew this was all happening for a reason. I'm meant to save my mom's life and i'm going to use my power to do it. I walked to a nearby grocery store and looked around. I knew I could do it. I froze time and began taking all the money from the registers.
     "My mother is all I have. I will not lose her." I thought. I didn't feel bad at all. I knew that it was the only way. I kept taking from stores and restaurants until I had more than enough money for mom to get her surgery. She knew I stole the money and I knew she didn't want to take it but she did. She got the surgery and it went perfectly. A year passes and my mother was fine but I was not. I had a serious problem. I was addicted to stealing. I took things I didn't even need or want. I just loved the rush I got when I stole. I felt bad but I couldn't help myself. It was too much fun. I was a kleptomaniac. I have a room full of things I stole that I never even went into besides to drop off new things I swept away while the time was unmoving. My mom tried to help me but she couldn't do anything. She didn't even know how I was stealing everything so easily. I'm glad I could use this power to save my mother's life but now it seems like a curse.

     I couldn't stop.

     I couldn't break free.

     I froze time to rob a Wendy's one day. Everything seemed normal. I took the money and left. Everything seemed fine until I tried to unfreeze time. It wouldn't work. I grew worried and ended up yelling and screaming for time to just unfreeze but it wouldn't. That was what feels like years ago. I misused my power and it came back to bite me. I feel myself go a little more crazy every time I wake up just praying I would eventually wake up from this nightmare but i never do. The date is Tuesday, the 15th of November, 2011. It is currently 4:26 pm and the temperature is 46° like it's been for what feels like an eternity.

     My name is Winter, and I froze the world forever.