Alone Forever

The army of meteorites plummeting towards earth caught alight with a fierce blast as they entered the untouched atmosphere. With every second the night sky grew brighter, disturbing the unconscious mountain with a rude awakening. Primitive beasts, distorted by the mystery which demolished their dormancy. The mighty ruler of all beasts, a majestic being with stripes of flames and teeth and claws of razors, emerged from a cave unidentifiable to man. The echoing sound of cautious steps made by its uncertain body bounced of the dense cave walls startling already bewildered beasts.

Before this weary creature's tentative paws reached the grass surrounding the cave, covered in a blanket from the now morning dew, the earth's crust started to roar with the felling of trees as the mountain became two. Meteorite sized boulders splattered helpless bodies in every direction creating a stream of death. Every impurity in the mountain's face was suffocatingly camouflaged in make-up disguised as a mixture of warm blood.

This unpredicted addition of warmth was a mortifying occurrence that had changed the face of the earth forever. It was simply impossible to distinguish where the almighty cave once rested. Blood curdling screams echoed in the ringing wet ears of the misconstrued mountain; screams of terrified beasts pleading helplessly for life. In their eyes the mountain was a monster.

A vicious deformity of life who grimly slaughters innocent lives without reason. But this was not the case. This selfless mountain has forever done everything in its power to provide the basic needs of life. A crystal clear lake for example, that concludes the life ridden mountain, which has now been invaded by an army in red. The mountain's population had plummeted and now rests in a preserved area for historical research.

Archaeologists, philosophers, environmentalists and many more fields have wandered in the rubble trying to come to a conclusion for why. Why the sky rained down on the planet Earth and disfigured it. What caused such an intense shower and why there is no evidence of the rocks. Only I know what happened.

For I am the only surviving witness. Once the meteors finished their tantrum they exploded into dust. Over the millenniums the dust has been blown into a warm coat for this sphere. In such fine grains it's no wonder why no soul has uncovered the mystery. The mystery for what happened to me. Why I am now malformed.

I used to be the highest thing for as far as the eye could see. Now my figure is just a joke. Humans only come to me to make up incorrect theories. I wish my existence was no longer. But you can never kill a mountain . . .