Please Don't

Inspired by Please Don’t by K Will

~~~~~~

He’s such a great guy.” She giggled next to me. I was driving her home, but I wanted to go somewhere to get away. Away from my old life. I needed to find something to put my feelings aside. I couldn’t have them anymore. As much as I wanted to keep them, they were ignored anyways.

Yeah I know he is.” I grumbled. Like I didn’t know, he was MY best friend.

Are we there yet?” She whined. I rolled my eyes. Today had to be the worst day of my life. I needed to get away.

We finally made it to her house. We were sitting on the stairs, just chatting away. Or more like she was chatting my ear off. She knew I wasn’t paying attention, so she started to play with my face. She was pinching my cheeks and held my nose. It caught me off guard so I couldn’t breathe for a second. I swatted her hands away.

Knock it off.” She just laughed and grabbed my face with one hand. I groaned in my head and tried not to grab her by the neck and choke her. Instead I pushed her hands away again. “Stop it.” She shook my shoulders.

Oh come on Mr. Grumpy Pants.” She then pinched my eyes and that’s when I snapped.

Knock it off!” Her only reply was to laugh and get up running away. I stood to chase after her but that’s when he walked into the room. She ran behind him. I stopped and looked at him.

Is everything ok?” He asked.

Yeah we were just playing around!” She giggled. He looked at me for conformation, so I smiled until they both looked away. I glared at both of them. I hated them. He disgusted me. Sighs. Who I am kidding? I disgusted myself.

~~~~

I woke up in an unfamiliar room. I had stayed the night at her house, because of the storm. I sighed and got up, getting dressed. My stomach growled so I made my way downstairs. I was halfway down when I saw both of them hugging. Jealousy hit me hard and I lost my appetite. It’s not fair. I wanted that, but it was too late. Maybe.

I felt a bit awkward just standing there watching them, so I slowly made my way back up. I sat down at the top of the stairs and started to think. That could have been me. Who am I kidding? These feelings would have been rejected, pushed away, ignored. I would have crumbled into pieces. Part of me is happy that I didn’t say anything, but part of me hates to seem like this. Part of me hates that they didn’t notice. How could they not know?

~~~

We sat in the living room talking. Or more like they being all cute and cuddly on the couch while I sat on the chair sulking. They still hadn’t noticed, but I stopped caring. I tried to push my feelings away, but I couldn’t help but hope they would break up and I could step in.

We are moving in together!” She randomly yelled. I looked at them shocked.

Oh?” I stood up and scratched the back of my head. “I am just going to get going.” I smiled, pointing towards the door.

Please stay a little longer.” I saw the pleading in his eyes.

Ok.” I sat back down. I was quiet in my own little world for a little, until she interrupted my thoughts again.