Chapter 1: Mommy Hold Me

I wake up in the middle of the night frightened,tomorrow is my birthday. I will be turning 12. I am not excited what so ever.You may be asking why I am not excited. Well, in two days will be the reaping for the 76th annual Hunger Games. Because I am 12 I qualify for the ages 12-50.Why is the gap so big? Well the Capitol is really angry with us because we tried to start a new rebellion.After we failed,they decided to give us 15 years to get everything set up,build all the districts that got destroyed again like district 12 that I live in and district 13 whose specialty is now Health,health products for the capitol.In that time my mom and dad(Katniss and Peeta Mellark)had me,P.J and my 14 year old sister Alice who is not afraid of anything .Anyways ,this year they are also adding the rule of four tributes per district two girls,two boys, just like the 50th Hunger Games. Also a couple other things that we will not know until the tributes are picked and they are at the Capitol. My guess is that it is going to be pretty horrible if they do not want to tell us. My parents keep telling me you will not get picked but they both got picked well sort of, my mom volunteered. I also keep telling her there is a good possibility of it.Yawn!!I Think I will go to sleep I am very tired.Oh, I forgot to mention the Capitol was "generous" enough to let us stay in our house in victor's village and keep my mom and dad alive.Sure, I guess I have an ok life.I hope it stays that way at least for the next couple days by not getting reaped.  

Hey I know this chapter short but this is probably the shortest chapter.