Fighting Over Nothing

~A DaveXKarkat One Shot~

Dave walked around, looking for the nubby horned troll who was wandering around somewhere on the meteor.
His cape was flowing behind him as he took one step after another, calling out his boyfriend's/matesprit's name.

Yet, no reply back or even footsteps running towards him. Karkat usually ran to Dave after being searched for.

Instead of finding Karkat, Dave found the Mayor on the floor with a red maker. He was drawing himself in the middle of two other figures who looked to be Dave and Karkat.

"Oh, hey Mayor." Dave grinned, seeing his other best bro on the floor. He kneeled down beside the can loving exile. "Have you seen Karkat?"

The Mayor shook his head, continuing to draw on the floor with the permanent marker. Dave laughed and papped the Mayors head before standing back up. "After I find him, I'll help you draw, 'kay?"

The Mayor nodded happily, giving Dave a hug to his legs.
Dave couldn't help but smile at the Mayor's actions. Who wouldn't smile?
Not smiling in the Mayor's presence is just a downright crime.

Like Dave always says, 'If you don't love the Mayor, you're an absolute piece of shit. Of course, you could have your reasons but seriously? The mayor is amazing. '

Dave continued walking after the Mayor had let go; leaving him behind to draw.

"Karrrrkaaaat!" Dave called out again.
He checked different rooms but to no avail, Karkat wasn't there.

Eventually, Dave did find him.

Karkat was in a corner with a laptop of sorts, watching human rom-coms.
The red candied blooded troll was wearing headphones that blocked out all noises. No wonder he couldn't hear his matesprit yelling for him.

Dave sighed of relief after seeing him, but immediately rushed to him when he saw the red tears streaming down his boyfriend's cheeks.

Dave kneeled down, wiping away the tears with his thumb. He cupped his lover's cheek, "What's wrong, Karkat?"

"Nothing.." Karkat smiled sadly. He sniffled, looking to the screen once more. "Just.. Watching your human romantic comedies. I thought they were going to be terrible but... UGH! Your directors and actors and- SO MUCH TALENT!!!" Karkat balled into tears again.

Dave hugged him and looked to the laptop, seeing that he was watching the all too loved movie, Titanic.

"Oh god.. Titanic.." Dave laughed a little, looking into his boyfriend's puffy eyes. He smiled at how cute Karkat looked in this state. He kissed his forehead and just held him there. "It's so adorable how you over react to these movies, babe."

"I don't over react!" Karkat protested. "I just.. I-I get emotional at the scenes that made me vulnerable.." He mumbled into Dave's shoulder, taking in his sweet Apple Spice scent.

Karkat made a mental note to thank Rose later for alchemizing that for Dave. He smelled amazing... And delicious. No wonder Terezi always wants to lick him!

Karkat's tears stopped, and he moved himself onto Dave's lap, enjoying the hugging that was going on. He felt at peace; with the sweet smell of Dave, being hugged by Dave, just Dave.. It was a perfect moment.