Sundrenched

Enjoy Mates!

Ever since Eren had been obtained by the Recon Corps after the trial, Mikasa hadn't seen very much of him. Granted, he was under the supervision of some of the most elite 3D Maneuver Gear users, and the people most likely to take down a titan without a severe causality, so it obvious why sightings of him were becoming less frequent. This didn't change the fact that the longer his absences were, the more restless and distracted she became. What's worse, there wasn't much she could do about it. Even though she and Armin had joined the Scouting Legion following Eren, she couldn't disobey the new duties she was given. Both of them were already in hot water since the trial, so acting out to her own accord could not only endanger her life, but also Eren's.

So this is how she found herself in her current situation.

Her, along with Armin and a few others were sent to Trost district for what was becoming a routine scouting of the area. Since Eren blocked the wall with a boulder while in titan form, she and many others were spending the majority of their time excavating and disposing of any remaining titans that crawled throughout the area. It wasn't a difficult task for the skilled 3DMG solider, but occasionally the abandoned district would rumble to life with a handful of unexpected titans. Their sudden appearances were unnerving, considering the hole in the wall was obviously covered, so it was safe to assume that some titans still remained throughout the district. Even if they didn't show up, Mikasa would still remain highly alert.

"Mikasa, I'm running low on gas!" Armin's wheezy voice from behind snapped Mikasa from her thoughts. She swiveled around, withdrawing her grappling hooks to land on the rooftop below them. Her boots made little tapping noises as she made her way over to Armin.

"You can head back Armin, we're almost done here anyway." Mikasa glanced around the Trost area.

"Are you sure, Mikasa? I can stay here and wait for you?"

"It's fine." Mikasa shook her head, and dismissed him. "I can handle things here myself."

Armin nodded, not doubting her words for a second. "See you later then!" He called cheerily and launched off the roof, swinging out from view.

Mikasa sighed at the sudden silence, welcoming it. Even though the Trost district wasn't entirely safe, the silence brought solace to her tired mind. Mikasa glanced at the ground below, narrowing her eyes for anything suspicious. Once clear, she turned around and lunged forward, activating the gas mechanism to reel herself in the direction Armin had disappeared to. As she navigated throughout the town, she idly went back to her thoughts. Images of Eren's titan form swinging at her still haunted her. The fading cut on her cheek was proof to it. She trusted Eren, and constantly feared for his life. Never before had she considered she could loose him to the subconsciousness of a savage Titan mind.

Mikasa was yanked from her thoughts -literally- when a Titan abruptly appeared and pulled at her grapple line. She whipped backward, the sudden whiplash crushing her gut and forcing the breath out of her. Mikasa dangled in the air motionless for a moment, suspended by her grapple line which was in the hands of a Titan. Disoriented, she glanced upward, examining the Titan. It appeared to be a 7 meter class, but something was off about it. Before Mikasa could further study it, she was sent whirling to the ground. She hit it with a grunt, but quickly stumbled back to her feet. Titan's never played with their food once they caught it. This Titan was definitely an abnormal.

Mikasa propelled back in the air as soon as the Titan charged forward. She whirled around and brought her blades forward, aiming for the nape of it's neck as she neared. She swung and made the cut, but not nearly as deep as she anticipated. The Titan remained standing, only wobbling a bit and immediately twisted it's body around to grab Mikasa once more. She slashed at it's arm, but the Titan threw her in the air again. Mikasa twisted around, sending her grapple hooks through the window of a clock tower. She reeled forward and crashed through the window, rolling inside; temporarily safe from the Titan's reach.