1

I'm sorry. I've misled you. This is not the story of my life, rather what I dream it to be. I am not from a wealthy family that lives on the English countryside. I am not an heiress that is being forced into an arranged marriage for the betterment of the family business. I only dream of that. The truth is that I am a small town girl born and raised in Alabama. But for this story, I am whatever I choose to be.
My name is Charlotte Elizabeth Kent. That is, for now. I am soon to marry one of my father's associate's sons. I do not know the man I am to marry, only that he is (by my parents own words) a smart handsome gentleman who will care for not only me, but also the company that my father has devoted his life to. The company, you may wonder, makes many goods that benefit the British economy. To my father, the only thing that comes before the business is my mother and I. Most of you would wonder why I seem so comfortable with my parents' arrangements for my marriage. The truth is that I'm not at all comfortable with it; however, I have lived a very spoiled life. If I wanted something, it was often given to me with no question. Therefore, it is not my place to complain like a childish brat when something is asked of me in return.  My grandmum made sure that I knew that. It is customary for ladies of my own social ranking to be put into arrangements of this sort. It is only to help ensure my own child's wellbeing.  I am currently 18 years of age, my husband to be is two years my senior. I have long curly brown hair and jade like green eyes, I have fair skin and I am 172 centimeters tall(5 feet,8 inches). My mother is much like me, however her hair is short and is lighter than my own. We live at Castle Howard on the Yorkshire countryside. It is quite beautiful. I often find myself absentmindedly roaming the extensive gardens. There is far too much to appreciate it's grandeur. Many times has mother had to send one of the maids to find me because I get caught up in the tranquility of the massive beauty. However, today it is not for the beauty that I find myself roaming the labyrinth of flowers and various plants; rather, my nerves are getting to me. Today is the day that I am to meet my husband to be. I feel worried that he will be disappointed in me. Mother and the maids alike have tried to allay my fears, but to no avail I continue to fret. I am sitting beside one of the small fish ponds with several koi peacefully gliding through its calm waters. I think constantly of how relaxing it is simply to watch in peaceful silence as I try to calm my thoughts. I soon hear approaching footsteps and turn to the direction from which they are coming. It is our head butler, Nigel. "Miss Charlotte, your father has arrived and requests your company in the main parlor." Is the message he brings as he offers his arm as to escort me to my father. This was fine with me as I graciously received his arm and we began toward the southwest entrance of our extravagant home. "Nigel?" I said quietly. "Yes, Miss Charlotte?" He replied quickly. "Why am I so nervous?" I questioned. "Miss Charlotte, you have always done extremely well in everything so I believe that you fear that he will think of you as subpar; but as far as I'm concerned, you needn't worry. If he believes you to be subpar, then he isn't half the man your father thinks him to be." He answered cheerfully. "Thank you Nigel. What would I ever do without you around?" I said happily as he surrendered me to the door of the parlor to return to his duties. Here we go.