No Such Thing As Happiness For The Devil

I had really gotten to know Intern 2 in my time visiting this company, and I had grown fond of the mortal, he was always so patient, he does his job in the best way possible… he was so… obedient. He was everything that an angel would have been and more. But that’s what I noticed from merely watching him from afar. I had finally decided to walk up to him.

(He doesn’t let anything get between him and his work)

"Hey Scene, I heard Indie was looking for you, you might wanna go and see what he wants" I put my pitchfork on the desk as Scene squealed and jumped off her seat and ran to Indie's office, I rubbed my ear, I had always hated Scene, that mortal was always so loud and not in the good way, her voice could crack not just glass but dams as well! I shook my head and took her seat next to Intern 2 who didn't seem to notice me (or he did but chose to ignore my presence) his eyes only moved from the computer screen to the keyboard and nothing else, like I had mentioned earlier he loves being best at his job and he doesn’t let anything distract him… I wonder why? Why would he waste all his time working for people who only mistreat him? 

We sat in silence for a while before I cleared my throat and waited to see if he would acknowledge me but still nothing. "Melvin" I called.

"Hmm?" Was his only reply.

"What are you doing?"

"Working" I rolled my eyes at his answer, he was just stating the obvious.

"Wouldn't you rather play with me for a while?"

"Nope"

"Why not?"

"Because I'm working Satan"

"Fine then" I stood up, pretending to be upset as I grabbed my pitchfork. "You're lucky god has his angels protecting you and I can't throw you in hell!" Melvin just nodded at my threat and I had decided to try again another time.

(He never says "No")

It's like he doesn’t even know the term "Yes" especially when it comes to people like Indie or Metal, he's always kind to people no matter what, unlike me but then again he was everything that would burn the devil. But somehow I was attracted to that; I was attracted to the things I thought I hated.  Why was he like that? If I hadn’t known every angel in heaven I would have thought that he might have been a fallen angel or even just an angel god sent to spy on me or something! But he wasn’t, he was a normal human being just like everyone else.

I sat on a pile of boxes watching as the poor little Intern ran back and forth to deliver some supplies to this week's episode shooting, what a miserable job… He was like a dog to these people. How I wished I could crack the ground under them and let hell devour them! But I didn’t… because these people meant something to Melvin, in some weird way he still considers them "Friends" but I'll free him from this torture soon.

(He loves to be complimented on his work)

Sadly no one ever compliments him but I have chosen to do so today. "Melvin?" I called but as usual he ignored me and continued to work on setting up the set for today's show. "Have you made all this by yourself?"

His face lit up like a Christmas tree and he smiled. "Um… yeah, is it good? Do you think I should change anything?"

"No it's perfect; you did a really good job on this. Satan Approved" I gave him a thumbs up and his smile widened… JACKPOT!

"Oh wow, thanks Satan, I hope the others like it too" For once Intern 2 seemed confident with himself… hm… I should compliment him more often, maybe that’s the first step of capturing his heart.