One

"Bert you have an appointment in twenty minutes. Clean up and get down there, better not be late or I'll hang your ass to dry!" My father yelled. I sighed and went to my bathroom to get 'cleaned up'.

I didn't do this by will, I didn't like doing it at all but since my father was so respected around here, I had no choice on the matter. He told me that it was how I was supposed to make something in this world, but I clearly knew that wasn't true. Going around I different places, having sex with different faces, it doesn't help you.

It was getting dark, but that only meant that my night was going to pick up the pace soon. I had skin tight jeans and a tight shirt on, something that I normally wore when I was on business. My father didn't know this, but I secretly went to the library when I had no customers. He didn't even know I could read.

Walking to the address, I noticed that it was a nice place, yet dark and dangerous feeling. I walked into the building, the smell of smoke and alcohol immediately hit my nose. It wasn't uncommon, the smell wasn't it but it was more prominent tonight.

"What's your business here, kid?" Some big burly man asked me. He was big, sure but I still towered over him with my height.

"I uh, have an appointment? I wasn't told who it was that I was seeing, but I just know I am supposed to be here." I said nervously. He looked at his phone for a minute and then nodded. He let me through and told me to go upstairs and to the very last door on the right. Walking through the hallway, I could tell the walls were sound proof.

Finally, I came to the door that I was supposed to be in. I knocked a few times and heard a quiet yet deep 'come in'. I turned the door handle and walked in, turning my back to shut the door without looking at the room first. As soon as the door clicked shut, my eyes widened at the sound of a gun cocking near my head.

"I hope you enjoyed the scenery on your way here, because it's gonna be the last time you ever see it or anything else." The man said. I slowly turned my head to look at him and noticed that he was a bit shorter than me, and had blonde hair. He pushed the gun into my temple. "Get on your knees in the middle of the room and face the door." He commanded.

I complied and got onto my knees. He walked towards me, watching me carefully. He pointed the gun directly at my head, point blank. I just looked up at him. Please shoot, I'm begging you. I thought.

"Any last words, whore?" Not anything I hadn't heard before.

"I hope it brings you great pleasure in finally putting me out of my misery." I state calmly. His eyes widened at my tone and the gun shook a bit in his hand. "Hey, before you do it can you tell me your name? I want to know who is killing me at least." I joked weakly.

"Reiner. My name is Reiner." He said quietly. I nodded and smiled a little, still looking up at him and ignoring the gun pointed right between my eyes. "You're Bertolt right?" I nodded and smiled again.

"Yes, that's me. I'm glad someone knows who I am." I laughed dryly. "Okay, I'm ready now. Shoot whenever you feel like I'm worth your bullet." I closed my eyes and waited. And waited. And waited.

"Fuck it, I can't do it." My eyes snapped open and I looked right at him. He was rubbing his temples with the gun still in his hand. "Y'know, I've killed many people like you but I just can't seem to want to kill you." He said, sounding like he was fighting an internal battle.

"Well I'm yours for another hour so you've got plenty of time to change your mind." I said, sounding a bit indifferent. It's not healthy to sound that willing to be killed. I sat down and leaned against the wall, while he sat with the gun in his hand. "You always call whores here to kill them?" I asked while examining my nails.