True Colors (A Derek Hale Fanfiction)

"Stop the car!" I yelled at Jake. Who did he think he is? Just when I think that Jake was actually a decent guy and not like all those other guys I've dated who always on the first date they think I want to sleep with them, he just asks me straightforward if we go to his house or do it in mine. I mean, sure we have a good time but seriously? Do I look like a slut? I'm sick of it!

Jake slows down the car and then comes to a complete stop. "Are you sure you don't want to come to my house?" he asks with a little lust in his eyes as he looks at me. I was wearing jeans with a regular System of a Down shirt and my favorite black converse. I don't like to dress all that dressy or wear bright colors. I guess you can say I'm a bit of a tomboy but there was nothing I did to turn him on.

"Hmmm...let me think about it." I actually pretended like I was thinking about and got out the car and slammed the door. "Go to hell, Jake." He just looked at me like I was stupid or something for rejecting him.

"Suit yourself, I only asked you out cuz I felt sorry for you." With that little last remark he sped away back into town. Jake was very well known in college. I wasn't that popular but I wasn't invisible either. In high school l was completely invisible.

"Asshole," I shouted as loud as I possibly could. I go to Stanford University and so does Jake, sadly. We were about 10 minutes away from campus when he asked me that stupid question. I just realized that I had to walk into town and that was not going to be easy. Thinking about it, Stanford was 10 minutes if you were driving. If you just got out of a car with some pathetic jerk and had to walk it was at least a 30 minute walk.

"Ugh...I can't believe this is happening." I said as I pressed the palm of my hand to my forehead. "Can things get any worse?" I muttered. As soon as the words left my mouth it started to sprinkle. "Great!" I looked up to the dark clouds and started walking. I immediately felt like I was going to die.

Now I'm not like one of those girls who are depressed because they just got dumped. Technically, Jake and I weren't actually going out. We were just on a date that happened to be the worst out of all of the guys I've gone out with. I just wish that I could have one decent date where it didn't lead to them assuming I want to have sex with them. God, guys just frustrate me!

I don't know how long I've been walking but I don't want to check my phone because it might get wet. It feels like I've been walking for about 5 minutes and I was already exhausted. When Jake took me out on our date, we went to a carnival just outside of SU and my feet were hurting and walking for another 25 minutes or so was definitely not helping. The rain was getting heavier and heavier by the second and I didn't bring a jacket because, obviously, I didn't think I would need one. That made me think about Jake and I really didn't want to think about him right now so I did the one thing that I always do when I need to clear my mind.

"You're from a whole 'nother world, a different dimension, you open my eyes, and I'm ready to go, lead me into the light." I started singing E.T. by Katy Perry and that seemed to do the trick. I love her music, it always seems to calm me down, well music in general does. I no longer worried about how I was late to my dorm and would wake up my roommate. I just continued singing and dancing.

"Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me, infect me with your love and fill me with your poison. Take me, ta-ta-take me, wanna be a victim ready for abduction. Boy, you're an alien, your touch so foreign it's supernatural, Extrater-"

I was cut off by a honk and I turned to see the person responsible for ruining the amazing moment I was just having. I couldn't see the strangers face because of the darkness but I didn't care at this point. Whatever he had to offer I would deny.

"Do you need a ride?" the stranger asked. By the sound of his voice he doesn't sound like he's old but I'm still not getting in the car with him.

"No, thanks." I replied as I continued walking. A part me wanted him to leave so he can see that I didn't need his help and was capable of doing things on my own but another part of me wanted to get to my dorm as soon as possible. I just didn't know which part I was going to listen to. He was probably one of those guys who wanted to get in my pants and then never talk to me again. No way, I'm saving that for someone special.