Perhaps a Bitter Love Story?

I do not own any of the characters os the setting in this story. That all belongs to the amazing AmeVicky02 who had an awesome story 'I love you, I love you not' and this was written as a fanfic for 'The Notebook Review Book Club' by Sarah_Toussaint
************

Have you ever fallen in love?
What was it like? Was it all puppies and roses, or was it full of thorns and as bitter as black coffee?
Emily had fallen in love many times. She knew the giddiness and  excitement of a fluttering heart, she'd felt those soft, sweet lips of a lover before. Emily loved love - she was always daydreaming about it, and thinking of the day when she'd finally meet that perfect person.
That was why she loved her job in chic city so much. When people came looking for a dress they came looking for a good time, for dreams, and nothing less than the best dress in LA would do. They wanted to be cute, to be sexy, to impress, to be comfortable, what ever it was, Emily would match the perfect dress to the perfect person , she was proud to have nothing but perfect reviews. But what she enjoyed even more was being able to be part of the customers excitement, to live their night out in her imagination was what made her put all of her effort into everyone she served. To be part of that exhilaratingly experience made her proud, and she wouldn't give it up for anything.
Especially as recently her own love life didn't have any of that sparkle. After her last boyfriend had broken up with her she'd sworn some alone time to herself, but the sight of a brunette, giddy with joy, as she span around in a turquoise dress stung a little.
Luckily for her it was nearly four o'clock and her shift was almost over. As soon as she'd seen the girl and her mother to the checkout she went and changed out of her work clothes. A challenging process that only involved removing her name tag badge.
When she left the shop she felt lost, unsure of herself and where to go. There was no one at home, and no one who would rush to her side if she said she was lonely. The person she was inside was so different from the one she was outside.
She waited at the bus stop and got on the first one that came, asking for a ticket to its terminating stop. After choosing two more busses at random she found herself in a quiet, quaint part of town she'd never been in before. Though she was so far from home she felt so at peace here on the street next to a quaint little used book store and a coffee shop called Java Lava.
Intrigued Emily went inside, she'd heard that really Java coffee was like nothing else, and although she wasn't a coffee person she felt like trying some to boost her energy.
The inside of the shop was cozy, and the line at the till was surprisingly small, manned by only one worker.
The girl had black hair pulled up into a pony tail, and wore a black t-shirt, black trousers, and earphones. The girl seemed to be away in her own little world, but when the customer in front ordered she nodded and deftly worked the confusing contraption that was the coffee machine.
As Emily drew closer she was able to read the barristers name badge which, much to her amusement, said Emily.
"What do you want?" The other Emily asked, ready to take her order.
"Oh," she said, flustered. "I was thinking coffee, like strong coffee. I mean, the shop says 'Java Lava', do you have any Java coffee?" She fluttered, rushed an embarrassed.
The other Emily just nodded.
"Ok, then can I have that? Wait! It won't be too strong, will it? I mean, should I get milk to go in it?" She could feel her cheeks getting hotter as she made more of a mess of what she was trying to say.
"I'll make it a surprise." The girl told her as she turned back to the machine,  Emily thought she'd seen a small, bemused, ghost of a smile at the corner of her mouth. She sighed as she watched the girl make the coffee.
It'd be nice to have a friend, she thought, as she watched the girl work.
When she finally got her coffee she took a seat by the window and took a sip from the hot ceramic cup.
It was strong and bitter, the buzz from the caffeine went all the way down to the tips of her fingers with a shocking speed. The mouthful was too much for her, and she started to have an embarrassing chocking fit, crouching and spluttering loudly all over the place.
Much to er surprise the other Emily came over, earphones still in, and presented her with a napkin.
Embarrassed she took it, but it seemed to work like a sweet charm, and her coughing quickly ceased.
She later returned to her coffee, and, after a few attempts, found it to e quite agreeable.
She had never though at the start of that day that she would find herself a little sanctuary in a small corner of LA, or that she might fall hard and fast for a silent, brooding girl who the only thing she shared with was a name, but a small love started that day.
Bitter as coffee, and with a sharp taste, but infant maybe, there might be something sweet to add.

*******
Truth be told I had so many ideas, but this one grew on me today, and ended up fringe created and written very quickly, so it kind of sucks, but it was kind of cute to write ^_^
Hope it's ok!